|This is an archive of User talk:Adys.|
Serrah's Star icon
- It's not showing anywhere. At a guess this is some problem with the thumbnail again.. I'll poke the others about it. Adys 19:44, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
you want private chat?
Adys, is there some way I could contact you personally? I'd like to ask you something that isn't related to WoWWiki.
- See Special:EmailUser/Adys. -- ( • ) 02:58, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks! I'll be sending an email within a few days.
I will admit that many of the votes I have created have been a result of my opinion and that of someone else being mutually exclusive. And having been reverted, my options devolve to: create a vote on it (which will probably die of apathy), revert the revert (to which the obvious response is another revert, evoking 3RR at some point), or to roll over and accept the other editor's edit as final. To that end, I've moved to the Vote option sooner rather than later. More rational than pushing reverts to the policy firewall.
I've no idea whether my take on the issue is more or less common than someone going a full 3 reverts (each?). On the other hand, I don't know how heavy-handed admins get on that issue. So... I'm not sure what change you would put to the policy. Could you enlighten me on the changes you would propose? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 22:50, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- 3RR is something that scares the new users mostly. Also its a PITA with server pages. "He was adding spam" vs. "He was removing valid data". There should be a clear rule that prevents revert wars, 3RR doesn't work out. "Don't revert a revert" sounds a lot more.. uhm, reliable I guess. Adys 22:55, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- I always thought it was a good rule of thumb. I like having rules behind my back to support my edits if need be. It could be streamlined into WoWWiki:BOLD, revert, discuss cycle, if it really needs to go.-- 23:06, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- I guess "Don't revert a revert" is something I mostly adhere to (for the above). I guess that recently, I've only reverted a revert to make a particular point to the other editor. (And not reverted all such similar reverts....). --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:57, 9 April 2009 (UTC)