- Mostly just a "thanks for contributing" - sorry no one stamped you earlier. Welcome all the same! -Howbizr (talk) 15:03, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Your User Page Edit
I noticed you're Userpage is a redirect. Theres no problem with that at all; however, it just brings a question to my attention:
Do you have it set to redirect because you don't know how to have a Link or because thats just how you want it?
If thats just how you want it, then please ignore this message as thats 100% absolutely fine! If you don't know how to link, leave a message on my talk page (or reply here) and I'll help you out. Best Wishes -- TeeSon5 (talk) 01:03, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi TeeSon5, it's total ignorance on my part. What's the difference and what should I use? I just copied from another character on Feathermoon and tried to make it the same as what others do. Bregdark (talk) 01:18, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, when somebody clicks on you're userpage, they are redirected to Server:Feathermoon US/Bregdark, a page that, I am assuming, you made for one of you're characters. If this is how you want it, then so be it. It's 100% fine to have a redirect from you're Userpage to just go to you're characters profile. However, most people user their Userpage to talk about themselves, have a little Game information, and then throw up a link to their characters.
- Now, if you want to remove the Redirect but don't know how; let me know and I'll remove it for you. This will leave you with a blank Userpage (unless you want me to link to the page). Whats the difference you ask? Well, I'll try to explain as best I can. A redirection automatically sends a person who goes to that page (in this case, you're userpage) to a new page, automatically. However, the page that has the redirect (you're userpage) ends up being useless. People who have redirects on their userpage have no utilization of their userpage; its just to direct traffic to the page. A link though, allows you to write whatever you want on you're userpage; and people who go visit can manually click the link and go to you're character page. You don't have to do this; I am just putting the option out for you because I like to help ;D
Your opinion is desiredEdit
Hey, we're pretty much settled on leaving Wikia, but I wanted to see if you had any input. Thanks. -- ( • ) 01:50, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
You need to put that token in the edit summary, not the content portion of your edit. --( • ) 21:43, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Heh, thanks. Bad reading comprehension on my part.