|Welcome to WoWWiki!|
- Development Resources
- WoWWiki:Development - Place to start for 'what's where' on WoWWiki.
- Wikia Support Blog - Wikia Community Support release blog for 'Wikia'.
- w:Help:Css - Authoritative source for policy and help on managing Themes, JS, and CSS.
- WoWWiki:Editing policy - Place to start for general editing on WoWWiki.
Wiki Issues Edit
Twitter and Tabber Edit
- Twitter and Tabber should be good now, since before Christmas, using a completely different mechanism.
Slide Show Edit
- Basically a rotating banner core, should be as robust as the Blizzard ones is moddleded after. Template:Slideshow. Free to build banners out of anything you can wiki, including content that moves or reacts on its own, not just images with links. Can have multiple 'slide shows' on a page. Will pause on hover, stop on click. Currently 'fixed pace' same as Blizz ones. Works with 'fluid wiki layout' as is. This is bare bones, let me know what you want added. I'm not done documenting it. Can see also MediaWiki:SlideShow/Test and Portal:Main/Promo for further examples. Celess (talk) 01:25, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
- (message moved here for context -celess) Passed what you provided along and tech guys looked into it . I've been informed a change will occur "soon". Not before the end of the year just due to all of the things on their plate, but sometime in January at the soonest. Thanks for pointing it out! Raylan13 (talk)
Ambox and notices Edit
- Has been showing the first bullet in many boxes as just a line with asterisk. This was fixed and several dozen were checked and along with a pretty diverse set of pages using them. Celess (talk) 02:31, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
Collapsible class on tables not working Edit
- Here's an example: Scroll_of_Resurrection#E-mail_to_send_invitation.
- Can you take a look?
class="mw-collapsible"seems to work, but just
class="collapsible"doesn't. -- (talk · contr) 19 Feb 2014 8:19 AM Pacific
- Entire site has now been converted... Celess (talk) 07:37, February 25, 2014 (UTC)
Map templates Edit
- Heya, Celess Our map and coordinate templates aren't functioning across the board. Seeing as how we've not made any changes on our end, I'm fairly positive this is something that got borked by Wikia over the past week. I've filed a bug report already, but if you had any insight I could pass along I'd be grateful. Raylan13 (talk) 21:06, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
User Tags Edit
- Started code updates and consolidation for user name decoration on the wiki, intended for a long time ago during earlier cleanup. Basically this involves cleanup and consolidation of existing code, like 'InactiveUsers' and 'UserRightsIcons' for efficiency on page load, and of course possibly adding Wikia or WoWWiki built enhancements as practicable. Most of the structure was in place already; just not had time. :)
- Currently can use the new MediaWiki:UserTags/code.js, just the same as the old js file for now, for editing roles or names. :) The 'userRightsIcons.js' and 'inactiveUsers.js' scripts are now no longer being used. MediaWiki:UserTags is the main page for the module, as noted on WoWWiki:Development. I'll post something later on if changes. Celess (talk) 01:26, March 20, 2014 (UTC)
Thank you Celes for helping deal with that vandal! It is very much appreciated :D 126.96.36.199 10:26, February 8, 2014 (UTC)
I already have one
- Probably because I'm going through 250+ emails at the moment, and the Wikia.css page pops up as being changed *again* right after I made the initial edit. Raylan13 (talk) 17:47, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
battle pet ability tooltip Edit
Determined vandal Edit
In5Daysthen2010 also is probably using anon edits to vandalize too. See these contributions which follow a similar pattern. -- (talk · contr) 1 May 2014 9:59 AM Pacific
HI there , i just want to tell you about a anonymous user adding false information to some page here is he http://www.wowwiki.com/User_talk:188.8.131.52 Spark the night fury (talk) 12:45, May 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for poking me about it. I brought it to the attention of VSTF Raylan13 (talk) 16:33, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
-- Profile --Edit
Hi, sorry to bother you, I'm trying to get rid of my "foot-print" here on wowwiki.
I know you can't delete my profil, and that's ok, but could you please delete the following pages that I have created as part of my profile (I've deleted the contents already, but I'd like for the history to be gone as well)?
Thank you! Igiarmpr 14:26, June 1, 2014 (UTC)
Lua templates? Edit
See Introducing Lua, for faster and more powerful templates. -- (talk · contr) 16 Jun 2014 6:15 PM Pacific
Im new,10 year old Anthony Collier.Thank you for the comment!I'll be publishing alot more edits.See yah!