- I won't say I mind, but Paia doesn't exactly revolve around Warcraft lore. She's pulled from a 40-page story I've been working on for some time. Any characters I mention from her past are found in my story, up to the point where she arrives here in Azeroth. I won't be one to take her off the list, because the page referring to her is trying its best to be playing roles. Schmidt 15:47, 14 Dec 2005 (EST)
- That's perfect for the Roleplaying Compendium. She fits exactly into what I'm trying to do with it. It doesn't have to necessarily involve events or characters from the game; the fact that it takes place in the world of Azeroth and is based on your character is exactly the kind of roleplaying I want to chronicle. I'm leaning entirely towards fan fiction, like what you've done with your character and your story. In the future, I intend to pull all of my characters/guilds out of Warcraft and turn it into an independent story in an independent world. So, what you are doing fits perfectly with what I am doing. =) --Anticrash 16:10, 14 Dec 2005 (EST)
Paia's background Edit
I read your character page too. I found it odd that your Paia came from another land, seeing as the Night Elves were Dark Trolls who were given intelligence by Cenarius toward the beginning of the creation of the world of Azeroth or at least that is what I recall from the history of Warcraft on the official WoW website. Maybe you could explain how she came from another world. This might be in your story that was not posted here. After reading it, your character log was refreashingly descriptive. I hope other users make biographies of their characters. User:TopDread
- Well, the story as I've written it doesn't include Azeroth at all, and I don't think I'd ever mention it at all in my main story except in passing; like perhaps (obviously contracted, and not giving it much thought at all): "Paia was taken to a world called Azeroth where she met many new people and learned the importance of being earnest. When she returned to this world, those lessons changed her way of life," or something like that. In fact, as I think on it now, this part of going to Azeroth should be placed before she even meets Jerome, but after she is married to Jone.
- Anyways, my story as I've written it doesn't really include any mention of anyone being spirited away at any time in history, but it does provide for other worlds. Although the one that Paia lives on is said to be the most perfect. In any case, this whole story I've written surrounding Jerome (who is the main character throughout, and whose story is ~40 pages long at 8pt font) is a friendly competition with my good friend. Most likely neither of us has added anything significant in quite some time, sadly. Anyways, we were planning to write stories that come together, where eventually a character who is insignificant in my story but comes from my story's world goes to his story's world and meets a significant character in his story. So the overarching idea would allow for this spiriting away of Paia to Azeroth.
- It would be hard to summarize the story for you all (and I don't want to prematurely publish it), but if you have any specific questions I can answer them. A lot of it includes my own lore, naturally. I've written a lot of it in first person with Jerome's hand. Some in others' hands. I can't think of anything else to say right off, as for anything else to add to the biography, and I wanted to leave the biography on my character's page in such a way as though someone in Azeroth was writing it. Any ideas on how to add more info while holding to that ideal? (And Dark Tichondrias, you should add your character to the compendium mentioned above, if you haven't yet.) Schmidt 02:12, 16 Jan 2006 (EST)