Aussie Twink Battlegroups
Would you please do at least some level 19-twink surveying for Australian timezone servers/battlegroups? And would you add to the list of "no-xp-capable battlegroups" on Twink as your experience shows? This is not an area I have either direct interest or expertise in, whereas you have shown evidence of both. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 19:50, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no real method to survey battlegroups, the "official" battlegroups are set by small communities of twinks like those over at http://twinkinfo.com/, who seems to have established (somehow) that Stormstrike is the 60 battlegroup. Since twink communities are spread across many sites (and servers) it would be impossible to get any accurate info on it.
- Since 60 and 70 can be done without having to turn XP off, most of the twinks at these level's don't bother trying to establish a battlegroup for non-exp battlegrounds. There are also many 60 and 70 only raiding guilds on many, many servers. The problem I had with Gunnerdone was he was editing the twink page to only list his guild and his server.
- There is no point what-so-ever to have an official 60 battlegroup.
- For 70, the only reason for it would be if you are wanting to do arena.
- For 19-59, as there is no way to twink at these levels without turning XP off so it forces those players to establish a specific battlegroup for games, which then communities of the many twink sites will often agree on one battlegroup. Since this is the only method across all servers (players from all timezones will be going to the specific battlegroup) then the one listed on the twink page will most likely be the best battlegroup for any timezone.
- There are currently only twelve oceanic time based servers, three of them are in the Vengeance battlegroup and the other nine in the Bloodlust battlegroup. Since none of these are the "official" battlegroup. Oceanic players will have to move to a US based realm to play in the X9 brackets. For 60 and 70, bloodlust would be the best choice as it has the largest group of oceanic time based servers.Kiingy (talk) 05:02, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess the method I had in mind was, "attempt twink BGs on whatever battlegroups you can; if the BGs launch in good time, then that's a "working" server for no-xp twinking. I wasn't aware there was a significant population of 60/70 (account capped) twinking.
New event boss tricks
You altered Brewfest and Horseman-related pages regarding use of the Dungeon Finder. Have you seen that these events have in fact been updated in this fashion, from some source? Otherwise, isn't it simply speculation? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 22:19, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- All the world event bosses will only spawn if you use the LFD tool and queue up for it. It was like this for the Love is in the Air festival and the Midsummer Fire Festival. The Midsummer Fire Festival boss (Ahune) was in a level 70 heroic dungeon, It never gave me the option to queue for it on my level 70 twink where as in BC I was able to kill it, you had to be like level 77 before it would let you queue for it even though it was a level 70 dungeon, the boss was level 80 which is why it probably didn't let me queue. Since the bosses are updated each expansion to match the new level caps, the achievement associated with any instanced event boss will only be attainable if you have the latest expansion.
- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23329143450&pageNo=1&sid=1#12 There's the thread about it.
Your opinion is desired
Hey, just wanted to solicit your opinion on whether WoWWiki should leave Wikia. Thanks. -- ( • ) 22:37, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
If you think an article should be deleted, please put it up for a vote. I see you originally had planned to do so, but for some reason removed that. Also, please refrain from telling users they can't update pages they want to update. Anyone is able to modify contents so long as it is factual and stays within the guidelines and policies. Raylan13 (talk) 15:19, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
- The guidelines probably require that the information be accurate? He still has ArP stats listed and hes removed the other specs in place for a MM PvE spec on a guide intended for PvP. (even still, the spec is wrong).
- As for the vote to delete. The guidelines for speedydelete are:
- The page was edited by only one significant contributor (such as – but not exclusively – a user page) and
- the author requests deletion or the author deletes all contents of the article later
- another user decides according to other qualifications
- I believe the first two had been met, if you say otherwise I'll do the vote thing, but considering both pages have basically been untouched for almost a year now I didn't think the vote would ever end or that people would care.
Thanks for placing the articles up for a vote and for making sure no pages were linked afterward. With any luck, I'll be deleting those pages by the end of the day barring anyone else throwing in a vote. If you find I haven't, feel free to give me a solid poke. Raylan13 (talk) 17:25, October 1, 2011 (UTC)