Ehmm, about the categories used in your article...Edit
Why your user page is in "Category: Lore Characters"? --Nerub29 22:59, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'm removing it. You are not a lore charicter.-- 15:53, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
- My bad... I think when I put it there I was thinking it was in that category because I loved Lore Characters... never got around to taking it out once I wised up. ~Peregrine
I don't mind articles like Huntard, because it's a commonly known and well used phrase in WoW. However, adding snidey comments or links in Hunter will just result in a quick revision I'm afraid. No one really likes their class being bashed, so don't be so nasty eh? 10:21, 13 April 2007 (EDT)
Tales of the Past Edit
Since you're clearly interested in Lore, perhaps you could look at the Tales of the Past articles you just contributed to and merge them all together, as the clean up tag requests, it's certainly be something else you can add to your contribution list :) 11:36, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
Have you got cameras in my house or something? lol. Every time I post something it's like BAM you're there.
Anyways yeah I suppose I'll do that TotP thing. Not atm though, just about to leave for the WoW Forums.
- Hehe, I have a very boring job, and I've posted on your page before so I get spammed with any updates you make - I'm a watch list addict and I'm very nosey! There's no deadlines on cleanup or merges.. or anything actually ;) 11:41, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
Hello there! Could you give us an explanation about you edits on Illidan? First, Nihilum actually debunked the 'defeated-but-not-killed' possibility on Illidan's fate, so your second edit was undone by... me. Then, how can you tell he has links to the Old Gods? Or, at least, where does this 'speculation' come from? Your first modification was undone by Ragestorm. Thanks!-- (talk) 20:50, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
My mistake, I was under the impression Nihilum debunked the killed-not-defeated myth, not the opposite.
As for the speculation about the Old Gods, there was no reason to remove it from affiliations. I was planning on adding the speculated link at the bottom today, in fact.
So, um, what?Edit
So I explained why I added Old Gods to affiliation and put them back there.... why was that removed again?
- Because it's speculation at best. It doesn't belong there, even if it's tagged with speculation. Think of an infobox of all the factual things a vistor might want to know at a glance. He doesn't need to know of all the speculation that's on the subject. That's for the main article, not for the 5 second glance. Pzychotix 14:27, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- At the moment, the best we can even come close to saying is that the Old Gods may have a hand in aiding Illidan, as he might be useful in releasing the Old Gods. However, none of the information directly shows that he is even aware of this "aid", or suggests that he has any affiliation with them. Even if he is a "pawn" for them, unless he's willingly/knowingly helping them, we can't say that he has any affiliation with them. Pzychotix 19:09, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Okay, was just wondering. + ty for the much more professional-sounding edit on my bit of speculation.
PS Your WELCOME for that juicy bit of possible info ;) lol
Hi! I hope you don't mind my popping in here, but when one of my guildies posted this on our guild forum I immediately thought of you. Did you know that Illidan has a MySpace? Here it is if you want to see it! http://www.myspace.com/illidanthebetrayer - Aladara 02:56, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
- HA, that is GREAT.... Now the question becomes, how on earth did your guildy find out about it? Does he regularly check for the WoW characters on MySpace or something? ;) ~Peregrine
- You know, I've no idea... I looked on our realm boards and it wasn't linked there, so I'm going to guess he got it from Curse, World of Raids, or WoWHead or something similar. Either way, I thought it was pretty awesome - and I'm glad you enjoyed it! - Aladara 12:29, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
Um.... how do I delete pages? Edit
Alright... was flagged for deletion since it was a guild page for a since disbanded guild...
Wow Model Viewer images Edit
- Well technically, the Ashbringer has been released, but it's just a GM weapon :) guess that don't count. I bow to your superior knowledge in this particular field. ~ Peregrine
- aaah.... ty Gryph. ~ Peregrine
500 Club Edit
I looked through my past edits and saw I have 500 edits, do I have permisson to put the 500 edit club on my page or do I have to let an admin do that? ~ Peregrine
- You can do it.-- 17:07, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- eeeeh... think I'd like word from Gryphon or another admin if possible... don't wanna do something bad :) ~ Peregrine
- Ty gryph, is there any way for me to know once I have reached 500? ~ Peregrine
- Ah, never thought of seeing if there was more than 1 page.... thought I may have to count all of 'em (:( Not a pleasant thought... ~ Peregrine
I moved the recent images you made to your user page, you admit yourself they are poor quality. I know you like making pictures, but the main articles are not a suitable place for such images. Thank you. --GRYPHONtc 17:31, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- You wouldn't happen to know of a way to improve their quality, would you? ~ Peregrine
- It is more than just image compression quality but the design and look of the images could use some work. The main articles are just not the place for people to display their artwork for even the most skilled graphic artists unless it is specifically relevant to the article and usually publicly accepted as relevant outside the wiki. User pages are better place, fan art follows the same policies as fan fiction. --GRYPHONtc 17:42, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
For them to be placed in an article they would really need to be at least this type of quality - Image:Dragonkin.jpg. Certainly the images do not need a title, and an image program like Irfanview  could help with the quality issues. 17:51, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
You can, if you want, alter the backgroud color to make the pics transparent in one of the MV toolbars (which looks nice). By 'transparent', I mean the same color as the wiki... what that color is I do not know. You do not have to, nor am I yelling at you, just pointing it out. Your creations have improved BTW.--00:44, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks Sandwichman, always nice to have people tell you your creations dont suck quite as much as they used to... :) hehe. And thanks for the advice, I was considering making them the same color as the wiki but for some reason (cant quite remember, heh) I thought it wouldn't work... ~ Peregrine
- The background is #333 :) 17:27, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
Thanks Gryphon Edit
Hey Gryphon, thanks for reverting that vandalism on my page. People on the General forums at www.worldofwarcraft.com were getting kinda steamed at me yesterday when I posted asking Blizzard to fix Retribution and they actually replied and said they were :O ~ Peregrine
Hello Peregrine! I'm glad you used my template (even a bit flattered) but you seem to have problems putting a wide range of user templates on your page, could I help you?-- (talk) 00:02, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I know what you mean... ~ Peregrine
- Look at your user page, something went wrong.-- (talk) 08:32, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hm, everything looks fine to me... I did copy these templates, yes, but they're cool :) And I have no idea how to make templates... lol. ~ Peregrine
Grom Hellscream Vision video Edit
- Thanks Zarnks, appreciate it! :) ~ Peregrine
Hi there. User Yezebel has attempted to vandalize your userpage. Would you happen to know him? You should ask Fandyllic or Kirkburn to get your userpage protected, as ours are.-- (talk) 12:05, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- No, I do not know Yezebel, though my reputation on my realm forums has been, to say the least... er, absolutely demolished, destroyed, and shattered. I don't know anyone in WoW by that username, but they could easily have a different user here.
- On a side note, thanks for reverting the vandalism and protecting the page, to all involved.
Guild Histories too much?Edit
Hi there, I was wondering if it would be a smart idea to delete my guild history stuff on my user page, as it seems a little much... thoughts? ~Peregrine
The Fall of Azjol'Nerub Edit
An exellent story! I enjoyed reading it. Though, nerubians for some reason only have two fingers.--20:09, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hm... good point. I'll have to think of some way out of that :) and thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not finished yet, in fact I'm having so much fun writing it I'm considering making a sequel... but thats a far-off future, I still have to finish this bit :) ~Peregrine
- A split second after he lowered his third finger, Atan’Arak, his most accurate marksman, fired an arrow straight at the creature’s head. It screeched in an oddly hollow voice, and the figure disappeared.
Three. I hate to nitpick a good story.--02:09, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- I know, I'll have to think of a way around that... ~Peregrine
Just to add I also liked it :) I'm very interested in stories about the olde insect race wich we helped to defeat millenias ago, and I liked the way you portrayed the Azjol'Nerub faction. Do you plan to write something about the Qiraji and the Aqiri in the future? -- Ravenore , the Necroshadowmancer 20:18, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
- I hadn't really considered it... I'd always thought of the Quiraji and Aqiri as just plain evil. But thinking about it, that COULD be due to prolonged exposure to C'Thun. Maybe I SHOULD try my hand at that. Heck, maybe I could write about the shared origins of the three races - Nerubians, Qiraji, and Aqiri.
- Thanks for the great idea, Ravenore! I'm putting some serious thought into it. ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 23:38, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
You use the WoW forums Edit
You are a user of the wow forums i recognized your account and user page share a sig. I use the Wow forums very much too have you seen any Shruikans or Gorasamaul posts that you remember those are the chars i post only Gora now though.Geeko 02:48, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Haha, no sorry I can't say I have noticed... but I rarely pay attention to people's names :) I'll keep my eye out though! ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 04:10, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
the Viewer Edit
Since you love WoW Model Viewer how can you add more than one figures ~~ worldtaker ~~ (happy now?)
- Sign please!
- As to your question, unfortunately you can't really do that - you need to put the different shots together in Paint or Photoshop. ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 14:29, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- PS: rofl yes happy now :P
Moved Introduction of the Death Knight Edit
It's now at User:Peregrine2976/Introduction of the Death Knight. Thanks! 03:21, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks Kirk! ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 15:40, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
Just to warn you about two improper choices you made.
1. If you are going switch pictures in the infobox make sure that previous picture shows up elsewhere in the article, gallery is a good section.
2. "Most up to date" is not a proper reason for changing infobox pictures.
We have several factors for deciding what images should be shown. These include, show as much of the face in profile as possible (on-obscured by armor/masks etc), sometimes earliest image of the character might be best as it shows the actual appearance of the character, before mutations and corruption obscure their appearance. If there are several contemporary (made recently) official images then aesthetics may be the basis a decision. Quality of image is also taken into consideration, cropped images that remove most of the body or parts of the face are frowned upon. An image that shows most of the characters full appearance, both face and body are considered better.
3. If people disagree with your change make sure you discuss it before initating an edit war. Please avoid edit warring with Admins, it could lead to adminstration action. Baggins (talk) 19:27, 7 September 2008 (UTC)