|Welcome to WoWWiki!|
Some links you may find useful:
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a WoWWikian!
Feel free to create a new topic on the WoWWiki forums if you need help with anything!
- The information for the infobox, as it pertains to races, is derived directly from lore and not necessarily the game itself. In the lore, draenei are present in Darnassus - as well as Highborne, too, iirc.
- When there's a disagreement, Veigarin, please refrain from constantly reverting edits until the discussion has been resolved. Doing so repeatedly can put you in violation of the three-revert rule, which can lead to a ban.
- For now, I'm popping draenei back in there (and humans), and leaving the rest as is. Before editing any further after that, we can come to a consensus by talking about it here if needed. Raylan13 (talk) 19:02, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
It's great to put better images on the site, but there's a few things to remember:
- Some of our pages (like NPCs and mobs) have a "tcg = " parameter you can use to add the TCG art - for pages like the Ancients, we have a template to use that places it in its own box.
- If you upload something that is fan art, it needs to be sourced, like the Sentinels pic you uploaded.
- Don't remove pictures from pages. If you've got a better one (or most recent one), put it in the box and then move the old one into the article.
Sorry, I'm something new using wikis, I'm learning. Thank you very much for the tip.
- Using four tildes ~~~~ will automatically place your signature. Macrophager (talk) 19:41, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
In Cataclysm, the Archmage Mordent Evershade negotiated to bring Highborne in Darnassus with Tyrande, and allow the use of magic again.
And co-leaders are Mordent and Daros.
That said, the leader of the Highborne (shen dralar) is Tyrande, in campaigns, as you can see in Pandaria, Azshara, Stonetalon,etc.
Arguably Highborne = Night elves, Actually.
Tyrande currently has control of all night elves of Azeroth, except Cenarion circle (the leader of these is Malfurion)
- I know that the Highborne are currently residing in Darnassus, yet that does not mean that she is their ruler. You vaguely mention campaigns, could you go into more detail? Nothing in WoWhead, or WoW Insider gives any indication that Tyrande is their appointed leader. Most Highborne became the High elves, which the modern Blood elves are descended from. Even when they were living together, the Highborne were considered separate from the common Night eles. If you can find a reference that specifies that Tyrande is the current ruler of the Shen'dralar, that would be great. Macrophager (talk) 21:21, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
References?, Cataclysm pre event (The Highbornes began to talk and negotiate in the temple of the moon), and Cataclysm expansion. The entire organization of the Highborne Shen 'dralar is now part of Darnassus, and not an independent faction, was removed in Cataclysm. That is the reason why today can create night elf mages, and leader of night elves is Tyrande. Veigarin (talk) 21:37, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
The Dalaran page should reflect how the city is in the game. Despite current lore, players still largely access it as a neutral city in Northrend; the updates to the lore, including the conversion back over to the Alliance, should go on the Dalaran (lore) page Raylan13 (talk) 16:22, May 9, 2013 (UTC)