|Welcome to WoWWiki!|
Hello, Zmario, and welcome to WoWWiki, the Warcraft wiki!
Some links you may find useful:
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a WoWWikian!
- You need to put the "px" after the image size - "120px" not "px120". User:Gourra/Sig2 15:51, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
level mob categories
I'm going to go ahead and stop you before you continue this... What you are doing appears to be a very large change and needs to be discussed on the village pump. User:Coobra/Sig3 21:37, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
I saw that you have the
|This user would like Ogre to be a playable race.|
ya, they should have a sothern part of Azeroth for a 3rd fraction with races: Ogre, Broken Draenei, new dwarf and troll races, Demon, and Robots.
Thanks for the kudos! I wanted to pop in here real quick before you got off and running uploading screenshots to point out some things and give some hints. The first thing is to review the Images policy, especially the naming section. The images need to be renamed before they're uploaded. As for tips, here's how I work with shots:
- Try to center the NPC/mob in the frame.
- Hide the interface if needed, then take the screenshot, making sure to 1) try to take as much of a straight-on shot as possible (very difficult with pathing mobs) and 2) only have the subject in the picture and not nameplates or mouseover icons
- Rename picture
- Use editing program to either resize (if using the entire image) or crop. If cropping, try to crop relatively close to the subject, but some background can be useful.
Thanks for the vandal heads up
When adding Mists of Pandaria stuff...
I noticed you've been doing a lot of edits and hitting on a lot of pages here. First, thanks! Second, I was wondering if you might be interested in obtaining patroller rights. See the information on it here. Essentially you'd have a little more ability to combat vandalism if/when you run across it, and it serves as a nice stepping stone in case you later want to become a moderator or admin (neither of which is required, of course). Leave a message on my talk page if you're interested! Raylan13 (talk) 00:44, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Done! Welcome aboard! Feel free to contact any of us if you've got any questions about procedures, etc. Raylan13 (talk) 00:40, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Great job overall on the NPC pages you've been doing. Be sure to go through and look at some of the changes that have been made - especially adding things like the "screenshot needed" template and external links sections. Thanks for your hard work! Raylan13 (talk) 15:43, October 8, 2012 (UTC)
- What you're working on right now is a good start, and if you want to focus more on the faction NPCs, that's great. By and large what we did going through the zones on the beta is to list all the NPCs on each subzone page - then we go back and fill those in. For instance, on the Arboretum (Jade Forest) page you can see those NPCs you've provided and those that still need some work.
- As far as zones that probably only need a polish (which I can run through) is the Wandering Isle and Valley of the Four Winds. Jade Forest was revamped partly through beta, so those areas need to be looked at. A small area that could be gone through relatively easily would be the NPCs/mobs in the Veiled Stair. Raylan13 (talk) 16:10, October 8, 2012 (UTC)
It looks like you're doing a pretty good job with adding categories to pages that need them Just wanted to point out one rule that's there for the sake of brevity (and time). When an item is added to a category, then the category should read "World of Warcraft" (quality) (armor type) (slot) "items"; in the case of weapons, then "World of Warcraft" (quality) (slot, eg one-hand, two-hand) (type, eg sword, axe) "items".
There's some exceptions, like staves and daggers, as well as shields.
In any case, if the main category is listed, the subcategories (like "rare items", "sword items", etc.) don't have to be included, as they'll be included on the main category's page itself. So the "World of Warcraft rare staff items" page should be categorized with "World of Warcraft staff items" and "World of Warcraft rare items". Let me know if you've got any questions - appreciate the work you're doing! Raylan13 (talk) 02:13, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
hey, i noticed a picture you had up of a pandaren priest. i couldnt find it online. is there any way you can send it to me because i cant pull it off of the site. also, did you make that yourself?
thanks, mike from NJ
We've noticed you've had a good editing history in the time you've been here, and you also take direction very well. You're already a patroller and also put in for the category expert. We'd like to point you over here to the recent forum update we've made to the experts award and also ask that you read through the moderator section as well. If you're interested, we'd like to award the category expert to you (you're learning very well) as well as the moderator position. If you've got any questions or concerns at all, feel free to leave a message on my talk page! Raylan13 (talk) 01:21, October 23, 2012 (UTC)