Vampiric Embrace is a priest ability learned at level 78 for those with the Shadow specialization. It heals both the priest and the party for 50% of the damage dealt via single-target shadow spells, split evenly among all recipients.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Vampiric Embrace now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Now lasts until cancelled.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Healing to the caster has been reduced to 6%, down from 12% (there was a tooltip error which stated that the self-healing amount was 15%). Party members still receive 3% healing.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.
"VE is unlikely to work with ." (Source)
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Duration increased to 5 minutes, up from 1 minute. PvP duration is now 60 seconds. Cooldown removed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Mana cost of this spell has been removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): (Undocumented) Vampiric Embrace heal of party members reduced 80% from 15% (base) to 3% (base).
- Patch 2.0.10 (2007-03-06): The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical heals.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This ability will no longer heal for damage caused when the target had no life remaining.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Damage resisted by the target will no longer be counted as damage caused for the purposes of the healing from this ability.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Now heals 20% of the damage actually caused (including critical hits, buffs etc...) but now only heals when shadow spells cause the damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Health leech effects no longer give you health while you are a ghost.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Active icon tooltip rewritten to be more clear.