|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Vampiric Touch is a priest ability learned at level 28 for those with the Shadow specialization. While dealing damage to enemies, it also replenishes the priest's mana by a small amount every time it deals damage.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Damage done has been decreased by 12%. In addition, Sin and Punishment's Vampiric Touch backlash fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): No longer causes damage upon being dispelled. However it can be improved by Sin and Punishment.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The amount of damage done when this spell is dispelled has been doubled.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Vampiric Touch: When dispelled, Vampiric Touch will deal damage to the afflicted target.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Vampiric Touch: The Spell power coefficient has been doubled and no longer triggers Replenishment when other priests cast Mind Blast.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This spell now consumes the Inner Focus buff.