|The Violet Eye|
|Main leader||Archmage Cedric|
High elf (1)
|Base of operations||Outside of Karazhan,|
The Violet Eye is a secret sect founded by the Kirin Tor of Dalaran to spy on the Guardian of Tirisfal, Medivh, in his tower of Karazhan. Though Medivh is believed to be dead, the Violet Eye remains in Karazhan, defending against the evil that appears to have taken hold in the absence of its master.
It is unknown whether Medivh's apprentice Khadgar was a member of the Violet Eye, or whether he knew of their activities at the time (though he does seem to be aware of them now).
The Violet Eye was present before the release of the Burning Crusade, however they did not offer any quests.
- Archmage Cedric, outside Dalaran Crater, leader of the Violet Eye
- Archmage Alturus, outside Karazhan, high ranking member
- Archmage Leryda, outside Karazhan
- Apprentice Darius, outside Karazhan
- Apprentice Tasserel, World's End Tavern, Lower City, Shattrath City
- (died within Karazhan)
- Kamsis (deceased, spirit inside Karazhan)
- Gradav (deceased, spirit inside Karazhan)
- Wravien (deceased, spirit inside Karazhan)
- Khadgar, Terrace of Light, Shattrath City (Strongly associated. Member of Sons of Lothar but gives VE rep.)
You get reputation for killing bosses and trash mobs in Karazhan. Each trash mob awards around 15 reputation and the bosses 250 reputation. The reputation gained from killing mobs remains consistent from Neutral through Exalted.
Reputation is also gained from the quest line for , as well as the quest line which takes place inside the instance.
There is a large and complex chain that has the player visit several dungeons of Outland in order for them to obtain the Master's Key, which allows for entrance to Karazhan and beyond.
10275 reputation total
-  (5 reputation)
-  (250 reputation)
-  (250 reputation)
-  (250 reputation, requires honored reputation to start)
Each ring set is received as quest rewards. The quests all follow the same pattern, with the only distinction being the first quest's title.
Patches and Hotfixes