|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft due to the devastating Cataclysm.
|Efficiency, Improved Stings, Hawk Eye|
|Requirements||Ranged Weapon equipped|
Viper Sting applied a poisonous sting that drain 4% mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana). Only one Sting per hunter can be active on any one target.
Viper Sting is used against spell casters or any class with mana.
- (Marksmanship Talent): Reduces the mana cost of your Shots and Stings by 2% per rank (5 ranks total).
- (Marksmanship Talent): Increases the mana drained by your Viper Sting by 6% per rank (5 ranks total).
- (Survival Talent): Increases the range of your ranged weapon by 2 yards per rank (3 ranks total).
Tips and tactics
- When used with wound and deadly/mind numbing poison it's very annoying for a priest in PvP, especially if they're not specced holy.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Undocumented Was supposed to restore 9 Focus every 3 seconds, but appears to have been removed from game.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Spells that drain mana will now properly report the amount of mana gained in the combat log.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets. In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only drain mana when the druid is in caster form.