|Title||<Warchief of the Horde>|
|Character class||Shadow hunter (Warcraft);|
|Affiliation||Horde, Darkspear Tribe, Darkspear Rebellion|
|Position||, Warchief of the Horde, Leader of the Darkspear tribe|
|Location|| Razor Hill, Darkspear Hold,[68.8, 88.6] Echo Isles, Durotar|
Previously Valley of Wisdom, Orgrimmar [34, 36]
|Relative(s)||Sen'jin (father and master), Yenniku|
The shadow hunter Vol'jin, son of Sen'jin, is the current Warchief of the Horde, chieftain of the Darkspear tribe, rightful ruler of the Echo Isles, and a staunch ally of former Warchief Thrall. After the Echo Isles were conquered by the traitorous sorcerer Zalazane, he resided in Orgrimmar at the side of the Warchief, later fighting alongside him during the Battle for the Undercity. After years of exile, Vol'jin led an attack against the Echo Isles to end Zalazane's evil rule and retake the lands that Thrall had promised them.
Following Garrosh's defeat in the end of Mists of Pandaria, he assumes the role of warchief for The Horde.
Vol'jin is the son and former apprentice of the troll witchdoctor Sen'jin, leader of the exiled Darkspear tribe that lived on a small island chain in Stranglethorn Vale. During this time period, the Darkspear trolls were almost wiped out by a human invasion, as well as constant murloc raids. Only through the timely intervention of Thrall and the orcs did any of the trolls survive. Sen'jin died bravely on the islands trying to save his people. With Sen'jin's death, Vol'jin became chief shadow hunter for the tribe. In order to repay Thrall for saving his people, Vol'jin pledged his loyalty and service to the Horde.
Shortly after the orcs left, a large group of trolls also sailed for Kalimdor, but Vol'jin was not among them. Instead, Vol'jin chose to weather the Sea Witch's wrath with the rest of tribe until the time came when they could leave. Finally, a year later, they gathered up all the supplies they could and left for the new orc nation of Durotar.
During the Third War, those of the Darkspear Tribe who were present fought along side the orcs against the Burning Legion without their chief, who was still on the Darkspear Isles at the time. After the war, Vol'jin settled the tribe upon the Echo Islands, just off the shores of Durotar. It wasn't long before a new threat appeared however, in the form of Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's expeditionary fleet. Vol'jin aided Rexxar, Rokhan, and Chen Stormstout in evacuating the Darkspear tribe, turning the three into wyverns allowing them to attack the Alliance fleet from above, and supplying them with a squadron of troll batriders. Forced to retreat through sheer force of numbers, Vol'jin continued to aid Rexxar and Rokhan through his wise counsel, instructing Rexxar to recruit the tauren and the ogres in the fight against the humans.
After helping the Horde beat back the human invasion, Vol'jin led his tribe back to the Echo Isles. It was not to last however, as a witch doctor named Zalazane used dark magic to enslave many of his Darkspear brethren, forcing Vol'jin to order the retreat to the mainland for fear his whole tribe would fall victim to the mad witch doctor. Vol'jin then founded Sen'jin Village along the southern coast of Durotar as a base with which to strike back at Zalazane. However, he was called to Orgrimmar to aid Thrall, leaving the recapture of his people's home to Master Gadrin. Though raids by the Kul Tiras marines persist in the Barrens and Durotar, these invasions are lesser threats and not directly aimed at Sen'jin Village.
In World of WarcraftEditThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Vol'jin resided at Thrall's fortress in Orgrimmar, assisting the Warchief with sound advice and witty stratagems such as the capture of Trol'kalar for use against the trolls of Stranglethorn, all the while guiding his people to a better future.
During Brewfest, Vol'jin will ride out of the city to the festival grounds at 6 a.m and 6 p.m each day for the ceremonial tapping of the keg. Players present when he does this will receive a 2 hours Brewfest Enthusiast buff that increases experience gained by 10%.
Battle for the UndercityEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Vol'jin was called upon to serve during the Battle for the Undercity. He maintained his position outside the gates of the Ruins of Lordaeron atop his Raptor with the artillery and several Grunts, until Thrall and Sylvanas Windrunner arrived. There he remained to send any adventurers that followed after the Warchief to help reclaim the Undercity.
The Glory of the DarkspearsEdit
After many attempts by adventurers to reclaim the Echo Isles, Vol'jin has come up with a plan to defeat Zalazane and reclaim the isles for the Darkspear trolls, for this plan to succeed he seeks aid from the loas that still help the Darkspear and from other Horde members.
CataclysmEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Vol'jin was removed from Orgrimmar in Cataclysm. He appears on the reclaimed Echo Isles, renamed as Darkspear Isles, the new troll starting zone. He is involved with many of the troll starting area quests, one of which where he shows a vision of himself and Garrosh Hellscream, the new Warchief of the Horde, talking in a previous encounter in Grommash Hold, using some sort of incense over a brazier. He is also present at the Elemental Invasion meeting.
- Garrosh's image appears.
- Image of Garrosh says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?
- Vol'jin's image appears.
- Image of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.
- Image of Vol'jin says: To which I tink ya be even more like ya father den he thought, even without ya havin' da demon blood.
- Image of Garrosh says: You are lucky I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think that you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.
- Image of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya've not earned my respect and I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.
- Image of Garrosh says: And what exactly do you think that you'll do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.
- Image of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll be watchin' as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do. And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently. Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.
- Image of Garrosh says: You have sealed your fate, troll.
- Image of Garrosh spits at Vol'jin's feet.
- Image of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".
- Garrosh's image fades.
- Vol'jin's image fades.
With the tension of the Horde arising, Vol'jin begins to consider resigning the Darkspear trolls from the Horde entirely, though he knows that decision would not be the best.
Mists EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In Mists of Pandaria Vol'Jin plays a huge role in the story. He has been kicked out of Orgrimmar by Garrosh for noticing the corruption that is taking over Garrosh. Vol'Jin allies with the rest of the Horde and also the Alliance to fight against Garrosh on 2 fronts. One with the Horde rebelling against some of Garrosh's Orcs and on the other the Alliance, who also want to defeat Garrosh for many reasons.
- Spirits be with you, stranger. How may I help?
- You come to consult the spirits?
- How can old Vol'jin help you?
- Tapping of the Keg at Brewfest
- We will learn who the greatest brewmaster is. We know the breweries are up for the challenge. We would not have invited them otherwise. So now, let us celebrate with our fine warrior brothers! Let us count down from five. Then old Vol'jin will tap this keg and we can all decide who is the greatest of brewmasters. Ziggy Zoggy Ziggy Zoggy Oy Oy Oy^^! The keg has been tapped! The battle begins! Now raise your glasses with me, as I toast our combatants... Brew for the Horde! Drink for the Horde!
- Zalazane's Fall
- Sons and daughters of da Darkspear! Friens of da tribe!
- We be gatherin' here, on da shores of Sen'jin Village, to be takin' BACK what is ours!
- Come, now! Join da liberation of da Echo Isles! Zalazane will FALL!
- We be gettin' ready to march to de Isles, an' FREE dem of Zalazane's wicked rule! Join me!
- Zalazane's time has come! De Darkspear will have a proper home again. Be ready!
- Siege of Orgrimmar
Vol'jin becomes the new Warchief of the Horde, after Garrosh is defeated in the Siege of Orgrimmar. 
Personality and traits Edit
There is little known about Vol'jin's personality. To date Vol'jin is the only racial leader of the Horde to whom Thrall has given the distinction of requesting his presence at Grommash Hold. Vol'jin has also been shown to be very loyal, staying at the Warchief's side despite the troubles faced by his tribe.
It also seems that Vol'jin is a very powerful Shadow Hunter, using voodoo to transform Rexxar, Rokhan and Chen Stormstout into invisible wyverns, a feat which has never been seen before.
Vol'jin is very patient and the most see that as a weakness, but Vol'jins strategies never fail.
- Despite being leader of the Darkspear Trolls, in World of Warcraft Vol'jin is affiliated with Orgrimmar. His model used in Zalazane's Fall is affiliated with the Darkspear Trolls.
- In his 5.3 Model there is a Scar in his Neck after the incident of the Scenario Dagger in the dark
- For the first time in history, Vol'jin becomes the very first non-orc to be granted the title of Warchief of the Horde.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010):
- Moved to the Echo Isles.
- Updated for level 85.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Updated with a new model.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Updated for level 80.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Updated for level 70.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Racial "Leaders" have been strengthened, and are now worth slightly less honor.
- ^ Zalazane's Fall
- ^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25399620299&pageNo=1&sid=1#12
- ^ ↑ This is shouted by the audience and hosts of the Comedy Central series "The Man Show" before everyone drinks a beer at the show's conclusion. Both are based off a traditional German Oktoberfest drinking song that goes zicke zacke zicke zacke hoy hoy hoy!
- ^ http://www.goblinworkshop.com/quests/the-admirals-orders2.html
- Official lore
| Preceded by:|
Leader of the Darkspear Tribe
| Succeeded by:|
| Preceded by:|
Warchief of the Horde
| Succeeded by:|