Weekly quests, or weeklies, are repeatable quests that can be acquired and completed once/twice per week. First introduced with patch 3.1.2 in the combat zone Wintergrasp, they tend to have significantly better rewards than other repeatable quests.
The new weekly quest becomes available—at the start of the day—every Tuesday for US servers and Wednesday for EU servers, after the weekly server maintenance.
Weekly PvP quests
The first zone to have PvP weeklies was Wintergrasp.
- Main article: Wintergrasp quests
- Main article: Tol Barad quests
Weekly Raid quests
Weekly raid quests are now available from in Dalaran. Every Tuesday at 3 AM the Council of Six will choose a different strategic target that must die from either: The Obsidian Sanctum, Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, or Icecrown Citadel.
Weekly Icecrown quests
One of the following quests will be randomly selected during each Icecrown Citadel raid ID. The quests involve completing extra objectives during the instance, often by doing something different during a boss fight.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Weekly quests added with Tol Barad.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Wintergrasp weekly quests introduced. All weekly quests will now reset during each region's scheduled maintenance, rather than at a single global time.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): Weekly Icecrown quests introduced.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Weekly raid quests introduced.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Introduced.
- Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006):  marked as weekly quest.