Some uses that people have come up with:
- marking locations for raids
- smoke bomb the Flag Rooms in the Warsong Gulch battleground
- props for floor shows and fashion shows
- effect for Role-plays involving burning buildings/areas/etc
White Smoke Flares are crafted by Engineers with a skill level of 335.
- <Item Repair> in Zabra'jin
- <Engineering Supplier> in The Exodar
- in Shattrath City
- <Engineering Supplier> in Silvermoon City
The White Smoke Flare schematic does not bind, and can be bought and sold at the Auction House.
- Bossi Pentapiston at Toshley's Station in Blade's Edge Mountains
- Gordie in Shattrath City (near the southeast exit)
- Irradiated Worker and Qiff at Area 52 in Netherstorm
The White Smoke Flare item does not bind, and can be bought and sold at the Auction House.
The Smoke Flares are cheap recipes for increasing engineering skill from 335. The White Smoke Flare is the cheapest, lacking a dye, and the White Smoke Flare schematic is the most readily available. It's skill-up odds start out at yellow at 335 and turn green at skill 345.
- Smoke Flares for other varieties:
- Other "Flare"s