- "The unseen element can be either a soft breeze or a swift punch in the gut."—Zagrun Wolfeye
Wind Shear is a core shaman ability learned at level 16. It is an instant cast spell that interrupting spellcasting from the target, and it also prevents the target from casting for three seconds any spell that uses the same School of magic as the interrupted spell.
- Wind Shear was added to replace rank 1 Earth Shock as a cheap non-damaging interrupt.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Wind Shear's base cooldown has been adjusted to 15 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added.