Requests for adminship is the process by which the WoWWiki community decides who will become administrators (also known as admins or sysops), who are users with access to additional technical features that aid in maintenance. A user either submits his/her own request for adminship (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user.
The community grants administrator status to trusted users, so nominees should have been on WoWWiki long enough for people to determine whether they are trustworthy. Administrators are held to high standards of conduct because other editors often turn to them for help and advice.
- Nomination standards
- The only official prerequisite for adminship is to have an account, have a basic level of trust from other editors, and the ability to show the community how the user will use administrator tools.
- Decision process
- Any user may nominate another user with an account. Self-nominations are also permitted. If you are unsure about nominating yourself for adminship, you may wish to speak with one of the other administrators first, so as to get an idea of what the community might think of your request. Nominations will remain posted until a bureaucrat reviews the discussion to see whether there is a consensus for promotion. The purpose of this time is for users to give their opinions, ask questions, and make comments.
- If your nomination fails, please wait a reasonable period of time before renominating yourself or accepting another nomination. Some candidates have tried again and succeeded within a month, but many editors prefer several months before reapplying.
- Expressing opinions
- Any WoWWikian is welcome to comment. The candidate may respond to the comments of others. Certain comments may be discounted if there are suspicions of fraud, such as contributions from very new editors. Please explain your opinion by including a short explanation of your reasoning. Your input will carry more weight if it is accompanied by supporting evidence.
- To add a comment, just edit the page, Always be respectful towards others in your comments. You may wish to review arguments to avoid in adminship discussions.
- Formatting responses
- Generally a comment should begin with a summarized position in bold. Admin comments will not be taken as having more weight than non-admins, but a nomination is unlikely to succeed if more admins oppose than support.
- Examples of responses (only guidelines):
- Neutral or Undecided - I have not formed a definitive opinion for or against the candidate, but...
- Support - A great contributor who would make a great admin!
- Oppose - Who is this guy again? He hasn't done enough for WoWWiki to get my support.
Nominations must be accepted by the user in question. If you wish to nominate a user, contact them first before making the nomination page. If they accept, create the nomination and ask them to sign their acceptance. To nominate either yourself or another user for adminship, add a new level 3 section underneath the Nominations section.
Click here to add to or edit this list.
Reasons for nomination:
- Extremely passionate about bringing the Wiki up-to-date
- Previous Wikia admin (ChefVille Wiki)
- Very experienced in Wiki markup and HTML/CSS
- Very experienced with creating templates (though not so good about doc'ing them...)
- Too much free time = lots of time for editing
Comments on this candidate Edit
- Support Do I put my name here? Because I support myself. Go me! AlexSUCF (talk · contr) 04:52, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Support I don't see any issue with Alex, aside from documenting templates , an easy fix. Coding knowledge is easily head and shoulders over the rest and would be an incredible asset. The only thing I could conceivably think of would be having more content contributions. I get the feeling this will come in due time, so no worries from me there. Raylan13 (talk) 18:12, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Support I've been absent from the wiki for a while, but his contributions do seem of a high quality, and very frequent. He has my support. Tankingmage (talk) 02:53, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Undecided Leaning toward support, but waiting to see more understanding of making templates new user friendly. Many users have a hard time with wikicode in general, so templates need to be as easy to use as possible with as little HTML coding needed as possible. Will re-consider in a week or two. -- (talk · contr) 6 Sep 2014 8:49 AM Pacific
- Support ...
- Undecided ...
- Against ...
Reasons for nomination:
- He currently has 1800+ edits.
- Is a Lore Expert, Patroller, and Moderator, and has used those responsibilities very well.
- Takes initiative - especially during BlizzCon, was one of those who made the rest of our job easier
- Takes direction well; so though he may not have a huge amount of experience with overall template use, this indicates he's got a history of paying attention and learning
- Has always been level-headed and professional. Raylan13 (talk) 23:41, December 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Adding to the above, I do have a fairly good understanding of World of Warcraft lore, so this helps with the continuity of articles and ensuring they stay up to date. Obviously using templates would help, but as most of my edits concern lore articles this should be ok. Tankingmage (talk) 00:11, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
Comments on this candidate Edit
- Support Obviously due to above reasons. Is tenacious against vandals as well. Lore videos are also a plus Templates would be a weak spot, but I don't see that as a make or break issue due to his personality and willingness to learn when needed. Raylan13 (talk) 23:41, December 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Support It was only a matter of time before this happened. Tankingmage is an asset to this wiki, responsible with his current powers and I believe the wiki would benefit to a promotion to adminship! Macrophager (talk) 14:30, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Support Makes responsible edits and has wherewithal to develop new content and chase down correctness. Would be helpful to have more coverage on lore and missing pieces from expansions, and the expanded abilities would be very helpful and potentially easy many burdens. Willing to help get up to speed on templates as needed if necessary. Celess (talk) 21:09, December 5, 2013 (UTC)
Nomination confirmed Edit