Requests for adminship is the process by which the WoWWiki community decides who will become administrators (also known as admins or sysops), who are users with access to additional technical features that aid in maintenance. A user either submits his/her own request for adminship (a self-nomination) or is nominated by another user.
The community grants administrator status to trusted users, so nominees should have been on WoWWiki long enough for people to determine whether they are trustworthy. Administrators are held to high standards of conduct because other editors often turn to them for help and advice.
- Nomination standards
- The only official prerequisite for adminship is to have an account, have a basic level of trust from other editors, and the ability to show the community how the user will use administrator tools.
- Decision process
- Any user may nominate another user with an account. Self-nominations are also permitted. If you are unsure about nominating yourself for adminship, you may wish to speak with one of the other administrators first, so as to get an idea of what the community might think of your request. Nominations will remain posted until a bureaucrat reviews the discussion to see whether there is a consensus for promotion. The purpose of this time is for users to give their opinions, ask questions, and make comments.
- If your nomination fails, please wait a reasonable period of time before renominating yourself or accepting another nomination. Some candidates have tried again and succeeded within a month, but many editors prefer several months before reapplying.
- Expressing opinions
- Any WoWWikian is welcome to comment. The candidate may respond to the comments of others. Certain comments may be discounted if there are suspicions of fraud, such as contributions from very new editors. Please explain your opinion by including a short explanation of your reasoning. Your input will carry more weight if it is accompanied by supporting evidence.
- To add a comment, just edit the page, Always be respectful towards others in your comments. You may wish to review arguments to avoid in adminship discussions.
- Formatting responses
- Generally a comment should begin with a summarized position in bold. Admin comments will not be taken as having more weight than non-admins, but a nomination is unlikely to succeed if more admins oppose than support.
- Examples of responses (only guidelines):
- Neutral or Undecided - I have not formed a definitive opinion for or against the candidate, but...
- Support - A great contributor who would make a great admin!
- Oppose - Who is this guy again? He hasn't done enough for WoWWiki to get my support.
Nominations must be accepted by the user in question. If you wish to nominate a user, contact them first before making the nomination page. If they accept, create the nomination and ask them to sign their acceptance. To nominate either yourself or another user for adminship, add a new level 3 section underneath the Nominations section.
Click here to add to or edit this list.
- Very familiar with Wiki formatting
- Experience with Wiki Administration through past guild websites
- Has a lot of time on his hands
Comments on this candidate Edit
- Undecided - Though there's a long history with the site, it would be nice to see some edits along the lines of new pages and major updates, as well as an increase in number of edits; i.e. more consistent editing pattern. The latter is by no means a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to see more of the former to properly gauge editing ability. Raylan13 (talk) 17:14, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Undecided - Generally high quality edits and good edit summaries. Needs to make more new pages of all types (items, mobs, NPCs, guides, etc.). On the road to having the chops to be an admin, but not quite there yet. -- (talk · contr) 11 Feb 2011 2:08 PM Pacific
- Thanks - I'd like to thank you both for the consideration! I'll be devoting more time to edits and page creations. Taurolyon (talk) 20:45, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
Nomination failed Edit
Reasons for nomination:
- I have experience with creating and editing NPC, Mob, Achievement, Quest, Item, Object and Instance pages.
- I am very dedicated to do as much as I can to improve and contribute to WoWWiki.
- I am calm, rational, polite and open to suggestions.
- I currently have over 1500 edits.
Comments on this candidate Edit
- Support Consistent editor, despite school schedule. Takes direction/suggestions well and remains calm when dealing with other editors. Has expanded types of pages edited after receiving feedback. Might need some direction with new admin tools, but no reservations... despite being Canadian. Raylan13 (talk) 06:46, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Support Learns quickly, is careful, and asks good questions. He's Canadian!? (hmmm... my dad is Canadian and he seems okay most of the time...) I guess I can live with that. Barring some unforeseen opposition from other users, RyanPT is good admin material. -- (talk · contr) 31 Jan 2013 5:31 PM Pacific
Nomination confirmed Edit