|Former Community teams|
Welcome to the Watchdog group!
Led by Kirkburn, the Watchdogs are dedicated to keeping the wiki on the straight and narrow. Being a member of the group does not require any extra of you, but if you frequently combat vandalism you may find it useful to become part of the group.
Members are expected to have done a fair bit of main namespace editing before joining and to be on good terms with both the wiki's policies and your fellow WoWWikians. Veteran wiki members are encouraged to apply!
This community team is dedicated to:
- Watching the recent changes list for malicious edits and vandalism. Report any such users on the WoWWiki:Violations page.
- Watching the new pages list, and commenting on the page's talk page, giving the author insight into how the page may be improved.
- You might want to review the Article Management Tags section of WoWWiki:Templates, since you will probably want to use some of them.
- Scan the new pages list, looking for
- Obviously misspelled pages and put a note on the discussion about the misspelling of the name and maybe to use move to move it to the correctly spelled name.
- Page names with mixed case, like "Mount skill". Some of these pages are duplicates of other pages with names like "Mount Skill", so leave a note about that.
- Page names that do not follow the WoWWiki naming policy.
- Vandalism or violations of the do-not-post policy.
- Stubs; marking them as such.
- Click the watch on pages if you want to see if the author/editor responds to your comments. Or, even easier, click the "[ ] Watch this page" checkbox before you save your comments.
- Use your judgment to leave comments about other things... tons of pages are being added all the time, so focus on pages with obvious problems.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. You can put them on the Watchdogs discussion page.
WoWWiki has a counter-vandalism channel! It picks up recent changes that may be vandalism and posts them on the channel.
Join the channel at chat.freenode.net, #cvn-wikia-wowwiki!
You may be interested in utilizing the Anti-Vandalism Tool (AVT) — see WW:AVT.
Members of the Watchdogs will also be members of the patrollers wiki user group. This gives two abilities:
- The ability to use the [Mark as patrolled] link when doing a diff. There is also the option to automatically mark your own edits as patrolled, but this appears to be disabled at the moment.
- The ability to [rollback] a user's changes. This will rollback all of those users changes to the last edit by a different editor. This should only be used in cases of vandalism. For more information see Wikipedia:Rollback feature.
Note: All Administrators and bot accounts are members by default
- Amberrock (talk · contr) previously Apollozeus
- Anticrash (talk · contr)
- Armagone (talk · contr) previously flotsam and Armagon
- Benitoperezgaldos (talk · contr)
- Cigawoot (talk · contr)
- Dotted (talk · contr)
- Dark T Zeratul (talk · contr)
- DuTempete (talk · contr)
- Eirik Ratcatcher (talk · contr)
- Gadgetfingers (talk · contr)
- Kirochi (talk · contr)
- Ose (talk · contr)
- Sebreth (talk · contr)
- Sting-Ray ZA (talk · contr)
- Voidvector (talk · contr)
- Vysogota (talk · contr)
- Warthok (talk · contr)
- Watchout (talk · contr)
- Zealvurte (talk · contr)
- Zurr (talk · contr)