|Type||World of Warcraft blog, news, and information|
|Launched||December 8, 2005|
|Alexa rating||3,968 (joystiq.com)|
WoW Insider, formerly known as WoW.com, was a popular blog and news site about World of Warcraft that occasionally referenced WoWWiki. This site was originally a spin-off of Joystiq in late 2005, but was reachable as a subdomain of Joystiq as of September 2010.
WoW Insider has been shut down with the Joystiq network. The official shut down date is 2/3/2015.
Several of WoW Insider's popular bloggers have moved over to their new site, www.blizzardwatch.com. This transition has been spear-headed by Wow-insider's Editor-in-Cheif, Alex Ziebart, and made possible through donations via Patreon.
Current bloggers Edit
but most updates have been done below.
Infrequent bloggers Edit
Past bloggers Edit
WoW Insider's contribution Edit
WoW Insider contributed to this wiki by adding the article Laos Flipor.
- ^ As of 28-Feb-2014.
- ^ Adam Holisky 2010-09-16. The Queue: Why did WoW Insider switch domains, again?. WoW Insider.
- ^ Alex Ziebart 2014-02-27. Letter from the Editor: Budgets are no fun. WoW Insider.
- ^ a b c d e f There will be no more class columns. Tomorrow's Warrior column is the last The Care and Feeding of Warriors.
- ^ Alex Ziebart 2015-01-30. WoW Insider is logging off. WoW Insider
- ^ I started work for @WoWInsider on February 15, 2006 with a post on patch 1.10. I'm happy to still be there, but sad to see so many leaving.
- ^ My last feature for @WoWInsider *sniffles*
- ^ In as much seriousness as I can muster, it was truly a privilege to write for all of you. I'll have to think about where to go from here
- ^ Last post on Feb 8, 2014?
- ^ New post: RIP Scattered Shots
- ^ My last column on WoW Insider went live tonight
- ^ I wrote another yak story. Possibly the last.
- ^ And with that, my Blood Pact reign ends on a beginner's guide to the end of the expansion.
- ^ In case you missed it, …. My last article for WOW Insider has been published this week.
- ^ @CM_Crithto These guys are a hoot, and it's a really great way to wrap up this feature's run at WoW Insider
- ^ I'm working on my last Community Blog Topic Results column.
- ^ My last column is up at WoW Insider
- ^ I posted my last Lichborne this week.
- WoW Insider related