|World of Warcraft:|
Mists of Pandaria
The official game packaging.
|Release date(s)||25 September 2012|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX|
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is a name trademarked by Blizzard Entertainment that will be the next expansion after Cataclysm. Details were announced at BlizzCon 2011. Blizzplanet reported the announcement was to be made at BlizzCon 2011 from sources during gamescom 2011. MMO Champion speculated that "Mists of Pandaria" could be the name for the next expansion and turned out to be correct. Kotaku pointed out that a similar early registration of "Cataclysm" turned out to be the new expansion name.
A release date for the expansion was announced to be September 25th, 2012 with digital pre-orders starting on the announcement date of July 25th, 2012. Details about the Collector's Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition were included.
MMO Champion's speculation that it might be the next expansion was met by skepticism by several media outlets. 1UP actually tried to contact Blizzard about this and the reply was "not ready to reveal any details at this time". Strangely, a gaming and technology blogger said that there was a leak about the next expansion being focused on the island of Pandaria back in March 2011.
Some analysts doubted it would be released in 2012. Also, in Activision-Blizzard's 2011 Q4 financials call, only Diablo III was confidently predicted to be released in 2012 with a possible second release being either Mists of Pandaria or StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
In early April 2012, WoW Insider turned out to have a very accurate prediction of the end of the beta as September 27th being only 2 days from the actual announced release date. Technically, they were more than 2 weeks off, however, because they placed the release of the patch at August 15th.
Blizzplanet interpreted a brief comment by Tom Chilton as potentially debunking Mists of Pandaria as the new expansion, something upcoming in World of Warcraft, or something like that (it was all pretty vague). The interpretation turned out not to be a debunking and apparently just vague.
BlizzCon 2011 announcement Edit
At BlizzCon 2011, Mists of Pandaria was announced as the fourth expansion to the World of Warcraft series. The expansion is set to include a new race for both factions, the Pandaren, as well as a new playable class, the Monk. Other features include a new talent tree system, challenge mode dungeons and a revival of classic Horde versus Alliance warfare.
Launch dates and times Edit
- Please click links of specific editions for details...
- Box edition ($39.99, €34.99/£29.99) - Game CD and manual.
- Digital download edition ($39.99, €34.99/£29.99; see pre-order) - Digital download
Annual pass customers were promised access to the Mists of Pandaria closed beta and access to a beta download page was briefly available around March 7th, 2012, but it was apparently unintentional and access was removed shortly after.
A closed beta test period was announced on March 20, 2012 with invites going to Annual Pass holders, press, fansites, friends and family, and opt-in beta testers. MMO Champion may have gotten access soon after the opt-in announcement and an official announcement of the start of the Beta was released late March 21st, 2012. The first version of the beta client was Patch 5.0.1.
Cinematics and trailers Edit
TV spots Edit
|TV spot #1|
|TV spot #2|
Instance trailer Edit
Dungeons, Raids, and Battlegrounds
Zones trailer Edit
Scenarios trailer Edit
Monk trailer Edit
Other cinematics Edit
|Horde Pandaria Cinematic|
|Alliance Pandaria Cinematic|
|Shen-zin Su's Thorn|
|Battle of Serpent's Heart|
|The Swarm Begins|
System requirements Edit
|Minimum System Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows® XP/Vista/7 with latest service pack||Mac OS® X 10.7.3|
|Processor||Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2||Intel Core™ 2 Duo|
|Video||NVIDIA® GeForce® 6800 or|
ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB)
|NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or|
ATI Radeon HD 2600
|Memory||2 GB RAM (1 GB Windows XP)|
|Storage||25 GB available hard drive space|
|Internet||Broadband internet connection|
|Media||DVD-ROM drive required to install from disc|
|Input||Keyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported.|
|Resolution||1024 x 768 minimum display resolution|
|*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.|
|Recommended System Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit with latest service pack||Mac OS X 10.7.x (latest version)|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz,|
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6GHz or better
|Intel Core i3 or better|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT,|
ATI Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB) or better
|ATI Radeon HD 5670 or better|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|Input||Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel|
Requirements changes Edit
- Mac OSX 10.5 will no longer be supported as of the systems pre-patch (patch before the expansion releases).
- Mac OSX 10.6 support may be dropped also since the minimum requirement is 10.7.3, but it has not been officially announced.
- New Mists of Pandaria (Beta) login screen.
- Level cap increased to 90.
- Profession cap increased to 600.
- Eleventh character slot added to accommodate new class.
- is planned to be the final encounter, as he grows more power-hungry. This will culminate in the Siege of Orgrimmar, where both factions lay siege to the city in an effort to topple Garrosh from power.
- The whole tabard system may be changing.
New zones and types of zones Edit
The Continent of Pandaria Edit
- A mobile starting zone for the new player race.
- 7 new level-up zones (most will be as large as Twilight Highlands or larger).
- The Jade Forest - Eastern and beginning zone. Level 85 - 87.
- Valley of the Four Winds - Central southern zone. Level 86 - 87.
- Kun-Lai Summit - Northern zone. Level 86 - 88.
- Townlong Steppes - Western zone. Level 88 - 89.
- Krasarang Wilds - Southern shore. Level 86 - 90.
- Dread Wastes - Southwestern zone. Level 89 - 90.
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms - Central zone. Level 90.
- Single, unified continent.
- Asian landscape influenced look.
- AH, bank, and central questing hub.
- No flying until max level.
- Magically hidden since The Sundering.
- Cataclysm cleared the mist.
- Discovered by refugees from Alliance vs. Horde naval battle nearby.
- Two factions plan to exploit the continent.
- No sanctuary city: separate player hubs for Alliance and Horde. These hubs will have portals to all home cities, similar to Dalaran in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Will include world bosses that drop mounts.
Cross-realm zones Edit
- Main article: Cross-realm zones
- Some zones, depending on population, will allow players to interact across realms.
- The specific determination for when a zone will become cross-realm has yet to be revealed, but well known high population zones (quest hub cities and nearby zones) will not be cross-realm.
- The Wandering Isle starting zone is actually a giant turtle!
- Pandaren characters will start out Neutral and choose either Alliance or Horde at level 12.
- Alliance Pandaren are led by Aysa Cloudsinger, a leader that believes the ends never justify the means. Aysa promotes the life philosophy of Tushui through meditation, rigorous training, and moral conviction.
- Horde Pandaren are led by Ji Firepaw, a staunch defender of home and hearth. Ji, who is outgoing, passionate, and not one for deep thought, leads in the moment by following the more direct Huojin philosophy, believing inaction is the greatest injustice.
- Pandaren will be able to be the following classes: Monk, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, and Shaman.
- Pandaren have 5 racial abilities which include the ability to knock out opponents for a few seconds, and less damage from falling.
- Monks will be a selectable class for playable races up through Mists of Pandaria, except the races introduced with Cataclysm. The Worgen and Goblins will not have access to this class.
- Monks will use Cloth and Leather items.
- Monks can use the following weapons: Hands and feet, Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, and Staves.
- Initially it was announced that monks would not have an auto-attack, but that was changed and they now do.
- Brewmasters and Windwalkers will use energy, which in turn will fill their chi. So far it looks as if chi will have three "spheres" to fill, and abilities will cost anywhere from one to three.
- Cloud serpent
- Hozen (orig.
- Virmen (orig.
New character creation screen Edit
- New gear preview during the first step of the character creation process.
- We now display your character in a high-level armor set specific to the class you've selected. Your character will appear in its normal starting gear only after you've confirmed your race, class, and gender and moved to step two (appearance customization).
- Class and race information and choice moved from the selection menus to a new "More Info" button located on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Thumbnails for each character customization option.
Stat changes Edit
- Spell resistance is gone.
- Hit and spell hit no longer separate and will negate melee miss and spell miss.
- Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry. It will be listed as percentage in character info window.
- Chance to block will be handled by a separate combat roll for each attack that is not avoided. Block will also have diminishing returns.
- All spells and abilities will crit for double damage, baseline. There are a few exceptions where crits can get larger, but the default is x 2.0 for everyone.
- PvP Power replaces Spell penetration and PvP Resilience replaces Resilience.
Talent revamp Edit
- See Talent calculator for links to latest expansion calculators.
- No talent points or ranks.
- One talent tree per class.
- Earn talents every 15 levels, but spec abilities may be available every 10 levels or so.
- Every talent addition you can choose 1 of 3 and you can't change it without a fresh re-spec.
- No mandatory talents.
- Change talents as easily as glyphs.
- Talents that appear to have the same name as existing abilities may have dramatically changed in effect.
Talent revamp based on categorization evaluation of current talents:
- Mandatory - Talents that were previously considered nearly mandatory will be automatically added.
- Very cool, but not mandatory - The heart of the new talent system are talents that are cool options, but won't penalize you if you don't pick them.
- Sort of cool - Most of these type talents will be made glyphs.
- Boring - Baking into base spells instead of as modifiers.
- Useless - These will be cut unless they are requested by players after trying out new system.
Black Market Auction House Edit
- Main article: Black Market Auction House
- Black Market Auction House found with the Tavern in the Mists at the Veiled Stair gives players access to bid on items normally not sold by NPCs.
- It is planned that this area will not function as a haven or safe zone, making it dangerous for players on PvP servers.
- Main article: Scenario
Re-use old content in new ways.
- Short instances for a few players (less than 5).
- Staged experience - somewhat like linked shared quests.
- "PvE Battlegrounds" - Battleground like encounters, but vs. environment mobs/NPCs instead of other players.
- No player collision.
- Could replace group quests.
- Scenario Finder: Queue and go, like Dungeon Finder.
- No role requirements with the intent of short queues.
- One of the many options to earn Valor points.
- May only be available under a specific combination of conditions, like from a specific NPC in a particular area at night when raining.
Challenge Mode dungeons Edit
- Intended for max-level dungeons (9 Pandaria dungeons).
- Will be available through the Dungeon Finder as well
- Complete a dungeon in X minutes.
- Gear levels are normalized - gear would scale to a standard level (item level flattening?).
- PvE competition
- Guild challenges tracking.
- Will earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals
- Completing the Bronze level rewards an achievement and title.
- Completing the Silver level rewards sweet looking gear with no stats. Looking at vanity gear, and gear intended for use in the Transmogrification system. These are all class-specific and have effects that proc off different class abilities.
- Completing the Gold level rewards a unique mount, the Kwai-Lan, that is a flying mount that looks like a "Chinese dog statue with a Mogu like head"
- Plus Valor points!
- Bragging rights & Leaderboards
- Possible stacking debuff for future runs upon successful completion
New and updated dungeons Edit
- The game designer Watcher suggests a minimum average item level of 358 for starter Pandaria dungeons.
- 6 new dungeons and 2 updates to old dungeons
Pandarian dungeons Edit
- 6 new dungeons across Pandaria
- Temple of the Jade Serpent - One of the first Pandaria dungeons players will encounter to clear the Sha. It will be an indoor/outdoor dungeon. The main force to be reckoned with here is the Sha of Doubt.
- Stormstout Brewery - One of the dungeons within Pandaria, players are tasked with assisting Chen Stormstout in reclaiming his family heritage. The Brewery has been overtaken by the Verming and Hozu.
- Shado-Pan Monastery - An outdoor dungeon located atop Kun-Lai Summit. It is home to the Shado-pan Clan, ninja-like pandaren dedicated to protecting their homeland. The Monastery has been taken by the Sha.
- Gate of the Setting Sun - Fight the Mantid across the Great Pandarian Wall at the edge of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms; outdoor dungeon atop the Wall, where Mantid will also be flying in to engage players.
- Mogu'Shan Palace - also located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Mogu used this as a prison. Players will fight against the Mogu and the lizard-like Saurok.
- Siege of Niuzao Temple - Temple of Niuzao, the Black Yak, on a large island off the west coast of the Townlong Steppes.
Classic Heroics updates Edit
- Heroic (level 90) updates of classic favorites, though the lower level versions will still be available:
New raids Edit
- 3 new raids
- Mogu'shan Vaults - six bosses, primarily feature the Mogu and ending with ; located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Described as fighting the "ghost side" of the Mogu.
- Heart of Fear - fighting against the Mantid empress within a huge cypress tree.
- Terrace of Endless Spring - Mysterious source said it is actually called "Terrace of Eternity", but that was effectively shot down when the Veiled Stair map was revealed. Sha raid with final boss being the .
- Featuring two new enemy races: Mogu and Mantid.
- Raid Finder for all raids plus Normal mode and Heroic mode difficulties. Also introducing a "per-player" loot system exclusively for the Raid Finder. A player will no longer be rolling against others; if they roll and it counts as a win, then they get something for their class, so long as it is on the boss's loot table.
- World raid bosses return!
- Raid releases will be staggered starting 1 week after the release of the expansion:
- September 25: Mists of Pandaria launches.
- October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens.
- October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
- October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart.
- November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.
- Increased focus on max level content.
- Multiple hubs.
- Incentives for dungeon runners and raiders (like special buffs or Valor points).
- More quest choices to feel less linear.
- No flying until max level to control questing experience better.
- Faction improvements by giving more ways to earn items with less grind.
- Daily quest cap removed at level 90.
New quest reward system:
- Zone vendor gear - just under zone item level, but will help fill out off-specs, hopefully.
- Dynamic quest rewards - rewards will be targeted directly to classes and specs.
- Alternate quest line rewards - less linear quest lines will allow getting different gear for similar slots from different quest lines.
- The August Celestials - Four ancestral spirits will enlist the aid of players within the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. They are Yu'lon the Jade Serpent, Xuen the White Tiger, Chi Ji the Red Crane, and Niuzao the Black Ox.
- Artisans - They form the backbone of pandaren society, These factions are more like meta-factions in that they may represent a group of individual reputations associated with specific faction members.
- The Anglers - The Anglers are a group of Pandaren fisherman that hope to feed their people and grow their knowledge of fishing.
- The Brewmasters - Will offer Scenarios; described as a wandering faction seeking ingredients for their concoctions.
- The Tillers - Gaining rep with the Tillers rewards perks that are strangely similar to Farmville, including a farm in which to plant crops, raise livestock, and decorate. Players may also be able to grow their own (as yet unannounced) pet,  but possibly the .
- Forest Hozen - A spirited, violent, and short-lived race of monkey people.
- Pearlfin Jinyu - A reserved, methodical race of fish people.
- The Black Prince - faction.
- Golden Lotus - Linked to the August Celestials and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, they consist of pandaren priests and fighters attempting to stave off invasions by the Mogu in different parts of the Vale.
- The Klaxxi - Keepers of the mantid culture, these stoic mantid lords have determined that their own queen has been corrupted and must be destroyed.
- Lorewalkers - Concerned with tracking down artifacts and items of historical significance. No gear perks, but rather lore rewards.
- Nat Pagle - Possibly part of the Anglers or just his own faction.
- Order of the Cloud Serpent - similar in function to the Wintersaber Trainers, they will teach players how to train a cloud serpent as a mount, a process which takes 20 days and involves racing.
- Shang Xi's Academy (was Pandaren Adventurer's Guild in Beta) - Wandering Isle faction for starting Pandarens.
- Shado-pan - Guardians against the Sha — very disciplined. Created by the last Pandaren emperor to protect the empire against both the Sha and the mantids.
- From Nialinius
|How to find PvE Vendors|
- New battlegrounds, some with new styles of play:
- Silvershard Mines (orig.
Stranglethorn Diamond Mines; called "STV Diamond Mine BG" in Beta) - Payload
- Goblin mine below Northern Stranglethorn.
- Payload style gameplay.
- Escort mine cars to depot.
- Multiple tracks.
- First to X resources wins.
- Temple of Kotmogu (orig.
Valley of Powerand called this in Beta; also called "Temple of Power") - Murderball
- Located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms with the original goal of getting a single ancient Mogu artifact. The number has now be quadrupled.
- Murberball style gameplay
- Holding the object earns points, though staying in the center of the zone earns the most.
- Multiple point zones.
- Object does damage to holder.
- Damage increases over time.
- There was some confusion over what the actual name of this battleground. Some sites were reporting it as the "Temple of Power", others the "Temple of Mogu", and some as the "Temple of Kot Mogu". However, Bashiok confirmed the name as "Temple of Kotmogu" in an official blog post.
- Un-named battleground (called "CTF3" in Beta) - Capture the flag
Azshara Crater- DOTA
- Silvershard Mines (orig.
- Ability to "blacklist" some battlegrounds from adding you to their queue. Players can down-vote up to two battlegrounds from appearing on their list; this does not apply to those featured in Call to Arms. It is planned that there will always be a Call to Arms battleground available.
- New PvP vendors.
- See a nice video of how to find new PvP vendors.
- New arena:
- Be able to see opponents' class and spec before the fight starts.
General PvP Edit
- A new item is being added to the game that will allow players to dismount other players who are astride their flying mounts, assuming they are flagged and within a minimum distance.
- From Nialinius
|How to find PvP Vendors|
Pet Battle System Edit
- Main article: Pet battle system
While this feature will not be released until the Mists of Pandaria expansion is released, the expansion will not be required use the pet battle system and will be available to all players.
New mechanics and expanded play for companions:
- Collect, level and battle with companion pets!
- Accessible to all players.
- Works with almost every pet.
- Customize your pets (naming, looks, and abilities).
- Wild pets! - to fight with your existing pets to acquire them.
- They will have random stats and abilities.
- May only be available during certain times under certain conditions.
- Pet Journal.
- Most non-wild pets will become tradable.
- Account wide pets.
- Name pets.
Leveling pets Edit
- Win battles to earn experience.
- Learn new abilities (up to 6 with 3 active for a battle).
- Create builds using abilities.
- Increase stats.
- Level multiple pets to build a team of up to 3 pets.
- Pets are leveled individually and you unlock pet slots by earning achievements in pet battles.
Battling pets Edit
- PvE & PvP battles.
- Turn based combat.
- Simple combat system.
- Fight with a team of 3 pets.
- Queuing system.
- Players will not know the names of players they are fighting; this is to avoid trash-talking.
- Only wins will be recorded.
- Different combat types.
Customizing pets Edit
- Name your pets
- Items for pets
- Builds & teams
- Masters & Master abilities
- Main article: Mists of Pandaria mounts
- See a nice video showing a variety of new mounts.
- Some (possibly most) "gold sink" mounts will be available account-wide.
- From WazopVids
|Part I.||Part II.|
- Main article: Mists of Pandaria profession changes
- Maximum proficiency increased to Zen Master up to 600 points of skill.
- will be given around 5 specializations, for example: broiling, steaming, etc.
- changes: Head enchants are gone.
- changes: Can now craft shoulder enchants.
- Account-wide achievements.
Class changes Edit
Class changes and overall character structure changes:
- All classes
- Spellbooks cleaned up.
- Rotations improved.
- Automatically learn spells (no need to see trainer).
- Several new spells.
- Specs more developed and attempt to make talents more fun.
- Resilience - Created a barrier to entry for PvE players to get into competitive battlegrounds.
- Will work more like a base stat and be gained every level.
- Ranged weapons
- Now with 4 specs!
- Feral - cat (melee DPS)
- Guardian - bear (tanking)
- Some overlap
- All druids can still use bear and cat forms.
-  - Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization. In exchange, grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role.
- New Stag travel form model by default (Cheetah model available with glyph) and glyph ability to carry a player passenger.
- Now with 4 specs!
- Buff totems - Gone!
- All totems are about utility.
- New totem examples:
- Earthgrab Totem - roots.
- Repulsion Totem - repels.
- Bulwark Totem - absorbs.
- Unique resource for every spec
- Minion changes
- Imp → Fel Imp - is now an AoE magic debuff removable for your group.
- Voidwalker → Voidlord - looks like a real tank now, with a disarm and a personal shield that keeps himself healthy.
- Felhunter → Observer - a floating eyeball-squid demon, but maintains the Felhunter’s spells.
- Succubus → Shivarra - with all the same spells.
- Felguard → Wrathguard - looks to be available to all specs of warlock.
- New guild levels and perks. Perks may include reduced cost for Transmogrification and Void Storage.
- Five new levels.
- New perks:
- Three Guild Challenge Mode Dungeons can be completed each week for guild experience beyond the daily cap. Each one rewards 10000 guild experience and 250.
- Five Guild Scenario Challenges can be completed each week for guild experience beyond the daily cap. Each one rewards 10000 guild experience and 125.
- The character creation interface appears to be undergoing changes. While an eleventh slot has been added to accommodate the monk class, other improvements are in the works.
- Modified to lay out appearance options, rather than having to click through to find the one you want.
- Possible class video on the class selection screen.
- Now multiple selection screens, including race, class, and appearance.
- Spellbook will be totally re-vamped again with a more generalized selection divided between Passive and Active tabs. So far, the professions, mounts, and companion tabs appear to be the same.
- New floating icons for quest-related NPCs and interactive objects.
- New mini-map indicators for NPCs that you need to talk to.
- Quest markers on zone and world maps.
- Vendor filters - filter items based on the viewer's class specs or whether the item is bind on equip.
- Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder combined with the new Scenario Finder into one window.
- Area of Effect looting - loot a group of corpses in an area at a time (farmers dream feature!).
- Valor point item upgrade (Patch 5.1) - spend to upgrade stats on an item.
|Courtesy of MMO Champion|
|Soundtrack - Heart of Pandaria v4||Mists of Pandaria Music - Build 15781|
- Login screen
- Courtesy of MMO Champion
- ^ a b WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: MISTS OF PANDARIA™ ARRIVES SEPTEMBER 25. Blizzard Entertainment (US). Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
Mists of Pandaria on 25/9 – Pre-Sales NOW OPEN. Blizzard Entertainment (EU). Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- ^ Trademark filing info from MMO Champion
- ^ a b Boubouille 2011-08-02. Mists of Pandaria. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p "World of Warcraft: Intro to Mists of Pandaria" preview panel (featuring Tom Chilton, Game Director; Cory Stockton , Lead Content Designer; and Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer) at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ Medievaldragon 2011-08-17. GamesCom 2011 Round-Up. Blizzplanet.
- ^ Luke Plunkett 2011-08-03. s World of Warcraft Taking Giant Man-Pandas a Little More Seriously?. Kotaku.com.
- ^ Matt Peckham? 2011-08-03. Is This the Next World of Warcraft Expansion?. PC World Game On blog.
- ^ Pete Haas 2011-08-03. Is Mists Of Pandaria The Next World Of Warcraft Expansion?. Cinema Blend (Gaming Blend).
- ^ Mathew McCurley 2011-08-09. Titles Tell Stories: How "Mists of Pandaria" breaks the mold. WoW Insider.
- ^ Chris Pereira 2011-08-02. Mists of Pandaria May be the Next World of Warcraft Expansion. 1UP.com.
- ^ Daeity 2011-03-23. HUGE NEWS!. Digital Castration.
- ^ Medievaldragon 2011-08-05. Blizzard Response to Mists of Pandaria. Blizzplanet.
- ^ Hugh Hancock 2011-10-20. Mists of Pandaria release date – could it be Blizzcon’s dark secret? (Blizzcon 2011 commentary). MMO Meltingpot.
- ^ Diablo III confirmed for spring 2012 release. Guardian.co.uk.
- ^ Medievaldragon 2012-02-09. Activision Blizzard 2011 Q4 Conference Call – Mike Morhaime – Full Transcript. Blizzplanet.
- ^ Stephany Nunneley 2012-02-09. ActiBlizz: Diablo 3 to launch Q2, new CoD “this year”. VG 24/7.
- ^ Nathan Grayson 2012-02-09. Activision: Diablo III Launching Between March and June, SWTOR Seemingly Fails to Wound WoW. GameSpy.
- ^ Adam Holisky 2012-04-11. Predicting Mists of Pandaria's release date. WoW Insider.
- ^ Medievaldragon 2011-08-31. Tom Chilton Debunks Mists of Pandaria. Blizzplanet.
- ^ Charles Onyett 2011-08-30. The Future of World of Warcraft - Blizzard talks 4.3 changes, Mists of Pandaria rumors and more.. PC.IGN.com. Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark 'Mists of Pandaria', as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
- ^ Boubouille 2012-03-07. MoP Beta Around the Corner, Cataclysm Post Mortem by Ghostcrawler. MMO Champion.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-03-21. Mists of Pandaria™ Beta Opt-in and FAQ. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-03-21. Mists of Pandaria™ Beta Opt-in and FAQ. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Boubouille. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Smells like Panda Spirit. MMO Champion.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-03-22. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Beta is Live!. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-03-22. World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ Beta Live!. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-08-16. Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic Revealed. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-08-16. Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic Revealed. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-06-29. World Premiere of Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic at gamescom 2012. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-06-29. World Premiere of Mists of Pandaria Opening Cinematic. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ chaud 2012-08-19. New In Game Cinematics, Beta Class Balance, Blue Posts, Blizzard News. MMO Champion.
- ^ Bashiok 2012-01-09. WoW No Longer Compatible with Windows 2000. Official General Discussion forum (US).
- ^ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Twitter (2012-07-26).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft System Requirements (Updated: Jul 25, 2012; Article ID: 300493). Battle.net Support (US). Retrieved on 2012-07-26.
Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft System Requirements (Updated: 25-Jul-2012; Article ID: 300493). Battle.net Support (EU). Retrieved on 2012-07-26.
- ^ Machkhan 2012-08-06. #1 - Mac OSX 10.5 Not Supported for Mists of Pandaria. Official Support > Mac Technical Support forum (US).
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. Wowhead News (2012-03-19).
- ^ Taepsilum 2012-08-02. #9 - Transmogrify Tabards!. Official Gameplay > General forum (EU).
- ^ a b c d e f g h Zones (sorted from highest level down). Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-23.
- ^ a b c Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event (Zones tab). Wowhead News (2012-03-19).
- ^ a b c Zarhym 2011-10-28. Mists of Pandaria Developer Q&A Transcript. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US). Archived from the original on 2011-10-27.
Zarhym 2011-10-27. Mists of Pandaria Live Developer Q&A Transcript. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Frost 2012-08-06. World Boss Preview Now Available!. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-05-10. Cross-Realm Zones Coming to Beta. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-05-10. Cross-Realm Zones Coming to Beta. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ a b Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event (Lore tab). Wowhead News (2012-03-19).
- ^ a b Boubouille 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria Press Tour. MMO Champion.
- ^ Racial abilities section of Pandaren (playable).
- ^ a b Josh Augustine 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Everything you need to know, page 3. PC Gamer.
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. MMO-Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f g Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event (Bestiary tab). Wowhead News (2012-03-19).
- ^ a b c d e f Blizzard Entertainment. Bestiary. Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site (US). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
Blizzard Entertainment. Bestiary. Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site (EU). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ Lylirra 2012-04-09. New Character Creation Screen Feedback. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Feedback forum (US).
- ^ a b c d e f Ghostcrawler 2012-03-02. Dev Watercooler – Mists of Pandaria Stat Changes. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Ghostcrawler 2012-03-02. Coffee With the Devs — Mists of Pandaria Stat Changes. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Boubouille 0201-04-27. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15650. MMO Champion.
- ^ Lylirra 2012-01-20. #6 - So what's happening to all the other talents?. Official Mists of Pandaria forum (US).
- ^ chaud 2012-05-12. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15689. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e Nethaera 2012-06-05. The Future of PvP in Mists of Pandaria. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ a b c d e Josh Augustine 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Everything you need to know, page 4. PC Gamer.
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ Watcher 2012-08-11. #2 - Minimum iLvl for starter MoP dungeons?. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Dungeons forum (US).
- ^ Matthew Rossi 2011-10-21. BlizzCon 2011: Dungeons and Raids information. WoW Insider.
- ^ Gate of the Setting Sun. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-17.
- ^ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-07-22.
- ^ Scholomance. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Scarlet Cathedral. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ SM Cathedral/GY (TEMP). Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Scarlet Halls. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Mogu'shan Vaults. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-04-13. Heart of Fear Raid Preview, Mobile Alerts, Blue Posts, MMO Report. MMO Champion.
- ^ perculia 2012-04-25. Mists of Pandaria Beta: New Maps, Icons, NPCs, Quests, and More.
- ^ Terrace of Endless Spring. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Crithto 2012-08-01. #77 - MoP raid releases will be staggered. Official Gameplay and Guides > Dungeons and Raids forum (US).
Vaneras 2012-08-01. #1 - Raid Releases. Official forum (EU).
- ^ Crithto 2012-08-01. #259 - MoP raid releases will be staggered. Official Gameplay and Guides > Dungeons and Raids forum (US).
- ^ Adam Holisky 2012-05-24. Daily quest cap to be removed, "100's of daily quests at level 90" [Updated]. WoW Insider.
- ^ Ghostcrawler 2012-03-29. #2 - Quest Rewards: Spec-Specific Loot. Official.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-04-02. [www.mmo-champion.com/content/2719-Cloud-Serpent-Mount-Dynamic-Quest-Rewards-Blue-Posts Cloud Serpent Mount, Dynamic Quest Rewards, Blue Posts]. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event (Factions tab). Wowhead News (2012-03-19).
- ^ a b Josh Augustine 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Everything you need to know, page 5. PC Gamer.
- ^ The Tillers. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-05-16.
- ^ The Anglers. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-26.
- ^ Michael Sacco 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Zones and questing. WoW Insider.
- ^ Forest Hozen. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-26.
- ^ Pearlfin Jinyu. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-05-06.
- ^ a b chaud 0201-05-16. Monk Tier 14 Preview, Challenge Mode and Tier 14 Sets Recap, Misc Changes, Blue Posts. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b Josh Augustine 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Everything you need to know, page 2. PC Gamer.
- ^ Shang Xi's Academy. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-10-16.
- ^ Pandaren Adventurer's Guild. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-26.
- ^ STV Diamond Mine BG. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ a b Bashiok 2012-03-19. A Night in Mists of Pandaria. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Bashiok 2012-03-19. A Night in Mists of Pandaria. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Valley of Power. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Alex Ziebart 2012-03-19. Mists of Pandaria: Battlegrounds preview. WoW Insider.
- ^ CTF3. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-03-22.
- ^ Olivia Grace 2012-05-29. Mists of Pandaria Beta: A first look at Battleground blacklisting. WoW Insider.
- ^ Tol'viron Arena. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- ^ Mumper (Cory Stockton) 2012-07-16. #9 - 5.0.3 or launch?. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Pet Battles forum (US).
- ^ Mumper (Cory Stockton) 2012-07-22. #8 - Comments: AH effect on Pet Battles and D3. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Pet Battles forum (US). We just finished a pass making all pets that are caught via pet battles in the world non-tradeable. This means these pets cannot be put in cages for trading or posting on the AH. We felt that the option to buy these pets on the AH would take away from the exploration/collection gameplay of the system.
This could always change in a future patch, but this is how it will go out with MoP. You should see the change in our next build. (After build 15882.)
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ Quintessence 2012-03-28. MoP Beta: New Pets, Wild Pets and More. WarcraftPets.com.
- ^ Mumper (Cory Stockton) 2012-06-25. #300 - Way to make account wide mounts worthless. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Feedback forum (US).
We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:
- Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
- Grand Expedition Yak
- Mekgineer's Chopper
- Sandstone Drake
- Grand Ice Mammoth
- Ice Mammoth
- Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
- Cloud Serpents (all color variants)
- ^ Search Results for Zen Master. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- ^ Wryxian 2012-03-29. #4 - On cooking.... Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Items and Professions forum (EU).
- ^ a b c d e f El 2012-05-11. MoP: Cooking Specializations. El's Extreme Anglin'.
- ^ a b Ghostcrawler 2012-05-30. #9 - magical disuption has fractured this arcanum. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Beta Items & Professions forum (US).
- ^ Symbiosis. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-04-13.
- ^ Matthew Rossi 2012-07-20. Mists of Pandaria Beta: Druids get new default travel form. WoW Insider.
- ^ Anne Stickney 2012-07-31. Mists of Pandaria Beta: Hunters get new challenges for rare pets. WoW Insider.
- ^ a b c d perculia 2012-05-21. Mists of Pandaria: Guild Preview and News Round Up. Wowhead News.
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event. BlizzPlanet. Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ a b Mem 2012-04-10. Mists of Pandaria Beta: UI Changes Preview. Ten Ton Hammer.
- ^ a b Anne Stickney 2012-03-30. Mists of Pandaria Beta: New icons make questing a breeze. WoW Insider.
- ^ Michael Sacco 2012-03-31. World map quest markers are good news for Loremasters in Mists of Pandaria. WoW Insider.
- ^ chaud 2012-03-08. Stormstout Brewery Preview, Valley of the Four Winds Preview, New Quest Icons. MMO Champion.
- ^ Mathew McCurley 2012-03-29. Mists of Pandaria Beta: Vendor filters make sorting items easier. WoW Insider.
- ^ Ghostcrawler 2012-03-27. Coffee with the Devs — Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
Ghostcrawler 2012-03-27. Dev Watercooler - Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ chaud 2012-06-17. Valor Point Item Upgrades, MoP Music Update, Botting Ban, Blue Posts, MMO Report. MMO Champion.
See also Edit
- Raylan13's beta and release blogs for Mists of Pandaria
- Valley of the Four Winds Finale
- Valley of the Four Winds Part III
- Valley of the Four Winds Part II
- Beta testing: Valley of the Four Winds
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms: Screenshots and Video
- Dread Wastes: Screenshots and Video
- Townlong Steppes: Screenshots and Video
- Kun-Lai Summit: Screenshots and Video
- Krasarang Wilds: Screenshots and Video
- MoP Video Gallery
- The Veiled Stair and Valley of the Four Winds SS Gallery
- Jade Forest: Screenshots and Misc Videos
- Beta testing: Wild Pets interlude
- Beta testing: Hellscream's Hope (Horde)
- Beta testing: The Jade Forest (Horde intro)
- Beta testing: Wandering Isle finale
- Beta testing: Morning Breeze Village
- Beta testing: Dai-Lo Farmstead
- Beta testing: Singing Pools
- Beta testing: Day three
- Beta testing: Day two
- Beta testing: Day one
- Mists of Pandaria class changes
- Mists of Pandaria profession changes
- Patch 5.0.4 system patch before release and expansion
- Beta info
- Public client builds
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (NYR)
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Digital Deluxe Edition
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
- World of Warcraft
- Screenshot of the day
- Press materials
- March 2012 press event