|This article or section is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
World of Warcraft: The Magazine is a collaboration between Blizzard and Future (a magazine publisher). Blizzard showcased the publication at BlizzCon 2009. The magazine only lasted 5 issues, was often late, and was considered over-priced by many people. However, the content and presentation was considered high quality and the magazine did not have advertising.
Subscribers have been sent emails with redemption codes for a refund or a package of the six pets from the Blizzard pet store, or other offers depending upon subscription type.
- You are apparently only allowed to get a reimbursement if you request it in writing by Sept. 30.
Depending on the subscription type, subscribers can choose a combination of special offers:
- $60 USD value — 6 companions from the Blizzard pet store.
- $35 USD value — 2-year subscription to PC Gamer.
- $75 USD value — Exclusive Kwurky plush.
- Pre-orders received an exclusive green Kwurky murloc plush toy.
- A promotional booklet for the magazine was included in the BlizzCon 2009 goodie bag.
- Current game subscribers could enroll in the magazine starting August 21 for a $40 one-year subscription or $70 two-year subscription in the US.
- US subscriptions were charged at the $39.95 USD rate for a one year subscription, and $69.95 USD for a two year subscription.
- Great Britain subscriptions were be charged at the £29.95 rate for a one year subscription and £52.50 for a two year subscription.
- European subscriptions were charged €34.95 for a one year subscription and €61.25 for a two year subscription.
- All subscriptions mailed within Europe were charged an additional €1.75 per issue for shipping and handling. All other subscriptions will be charged an additional $3.50 USD per issue for shipping and handling.
- The magazine's 148-page inaugural issue was "out in time for the fifth anniversary of World of Warcraft" of November 2009 in English, German, Spanish, and French.
- The upcoming publication was sold through the game's account management page, and the magazine's now-live Web site.
- ^ Future PLC → About us
- ^ a b c d philonious_matt 2009-08-20. World of Warcraft magazine announced. GameSpot.
- ^ a b c Mathew McCurley 2011-09-16. WoW Magazine ending with issue 5. WoW Insider.
- ^ a b c chaud 2011-09-17. WoW Magazine Canceled, Blizzcon Store Pre-Sale, Blue Posts. MMO Champion.
- ^ GamesRadar US 2009-08-24. BlizzCon 2009 in pictures, page 2. gamesradar.
- ^ a b c d World of Warcraft Official Magazine.
- Old info links