|Cooldown||1 min (GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
Wyvern Sting is a hunter talent available at level 30. It puts an enemy to sleep for 30 seconds. Useful in PvP as a pre-emptive counter to early use of Fear. Having a second crowd-control ability (in addition to Freezing Trap) is very helpful in instances.
- Very useful for PvP as it will give you a chance to hit your target with an Aimed Shot or other powerful attacks, thus effectively poisoning and cutting down your target's health.
- This spell can be used to crowd-control an enemy for 30 seconds.
- Note that undead mobs are immune to Wyvern Sting.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Duration increased from 12 sec to 30 sec. PvP duration reduced from 10 sec to 6 sec.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Wyvern Sting (Survival) is now instant cast and has a maximum duration of 10 seconds in PvP.; This ability will no longer be overwritten by lower ranks of Wyvern Sting.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): If a Hunter "Wyvern Stings" an enemy already asleep from "Wyvern Sting", the "Wyvern Sting" sleep will now be reapplied correctly.; Hunter Survival talent "Wyvern Sting" at Rank 4 will now cause the correct amount of damage as indicated in the tooltip.