X-53 Touring Rocket is a special mount that players can earn only through the Recruit-A-Friend (RAF) program. The X-53 is available to players claiming their RAF reward after April 27, 2010. Players who already claimed the mount must complete another RAF to claim an X-53 mount. This mount was discontinued and replaced by the on July 16th, 2012.
- The X-53 was one of two flying mounts available in the game that allowed for multiple passengers (the other being the ).
- This mount will also scale to match the speed of your fastest owned mount, up to 310% flight speed.
- The X-53 may be based off the X-52 rocket located in Area 52, Netherstorm.
- Using this mount, players who don't have Cold-Weather Flying can get the Explorer Achievement with some help from a friend.
- Summoning this mount triggers the global cooldown, unlike most other mounts.
- As of Patch 4.0.1, the rocket can now be ridden as a ground mount in no fly zones at 100% ground speed
- The mount is mailed in-game to the character you select from Master Handler Sylvester. With the item is the following letter written up as a shipping manifest:
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Can now be used as a ground mount in addition to being a flying mount.
- Hotfix (2010-04-27): "Time is running out for those who wish to claim their Zhevra, as the launch of the X-53 Touring Rocket is now scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27! If you’ve fulfilled all of the Recruit-A-Friend requirements necessary to claim a mount now but choose not to claim the Zhevra, you will be able to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket instead once it launches. Sounds like they’re firing it up for a final test run now..."
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Added.