|Zereketh the Unbound|
|Location||Arcatraz, Tempest Keep|
Attacks and abilities Edit
- Melee: Zereketh's melee attack is shadow damage (~1300 base)
- Void Zone: Zereketh spawns Void Zones randomly around the room, void zones deal approximately 1000 damage (Heroic: 2300-2700) per second.
- Seed of Corruption: Zereketh casts Seed of Corruption on a random target.
- Can be dispelled by Rogues' Cloak of Shadows, Mages' Ice Block, and Paladins' Divine Shield.
- Shadow Nova: Zereketh casts a large radius Shadow Nova, which does about 2200-2300 shadow damage (Heroic: 3700-4500) and has a massive knockback. The nova can be avoided by LoS, and it has a casting time, so if your position allows for it, your DPS can avoid it on any of the irregularities on the wall.
The fight is very simple, stay away from the Void Zones. Seed of Corruption can be healed through, although this is rarely an issue. If you get the Seed of Corruption, move away from the rest of the group to avoid unnecessary damage to party members. Also, don't stand near people with the debuff. In normal mode, ranged DPSers can avoid his Shadow Nova (~34 yards range) by being at max range. In Heroic mode, his Shadow Nova's range is increased to 45 yards, though. It is imperative that you get out of the Void Zones as quickly as possible, because as soon as they spawn it is instant damage for 1200-1300 every second.
It is advisable for the MT to tank the boss with his back to a wall and just move up or down the wall as the void zones appear. This is to avoid getting knocked out of range of heals when Zereketh does his knockback.
Ranged DPS and Heal should stand behind the column on the north-east side of the room. When Zereketh casts Shadownova, move behind the column (out of LoS) to avoid the Shadownova.
Note: the void zones tend to be spawned underneath random players in the party including the MT, everyone needs to be wary of them. Valid targets for void zones also includes totems and pets. If at all possible, spread pets and totems out. Totems are immune to the void zone damage.
Having shadow resist on the Main tank on this fight makes the boss a lot easier, at 300 Shadow Resist the combat log showed the main tank taking 300-500 damage a hit with roughly 1100-1300 resisted. This set can consist of any armor class just like the pandemonious fight.
Zereketh is one of the rare Burning Crusade 5-man dungeon bosses that is optional. He can be easily avoided by simply staying on the right side of the room and moving up the ramp to the rest of the instance.
- Life energy to... consume.
- The shadow... will engulf you.
Killing a player:
- This vessel...is empty.
- The Void... beckons.