- For the company "Blizzard", see Blizzard Entertainment.
Overviewarea of effect channeled spell. Those familiar with Warcraft II or Warcraft III will recognize the classic mage ability.
- Casting: Channel
- School: Template:Frost
- Target: All Enemies in a 5 Yard radius
- Range: 30 Yards
- Duration: 8 Seconds
- Cooldown: N/A
- Improved Blizzard
- Piercing Ice, Frost Channeling; when Improved Blizzard is taken, also Permafrost, Winter's Chill, Frostbite
- Blizzard deals its damage over 8 one second ticks each doing 1/8th the total damage.
- Like all channeled spells, the mana cost is deducted before channeling starts, so the full cost is paid regardless of how long you get/need to channel before the spell is interrupted or the target is dead.
|1||20||320||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 200 damage.||Template:S|
|2||28||520||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 352 damage.||Template:S|
|3||36||720||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 520 damage.||Template:Gs|
|4||44||935||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 720 damage.||Template:Gs|
|5||52||1160||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 936 damage.||Template:Gs|
|6||60||1400||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 1192 damage.||Template:Gs|
|7||68||1645||Ice shards pelt the area for a total of 1472 damage.||Template:Gs|
Tips and Tactics
- Blizzard is best used against crowds of targets that can't/won't hit you to interrupt your channel. Some frost specialized mages will take Improved Blizzard and kite whole crowds of mobs relying on the snare effect to buy them enough distance to cast again.
- Most mages find this spell hard to cast fully in PvP. Imagine that ice shards start to fall on players' heads: they'd start to look for the robed guy channeling to kill him as fast as they can. Now imagine they are 14 ticked off guys in plate armor. In a confusing enough battle, however, everyone MAY be too busy to look for little ol' you.
- The large radius of this spell makes it an excellent way to find stealthed Rogues. Target a Rank 1 Blizzard where you think your enemy might be; if he's there, you'll break his stealth, and if not you havn't used too much mana. Arcane Explosion is an alternative method that requires you to be very near the Rogue before you find him.