|[-∞, July 2009]|
What is your preference on WoWWiki talk:Category policy/Names#Votes? Chop out any vote that has not been updated (or at least noticed) w/in 6 months? Decide on other category prefix changes (if any) before changing W.o.W. to WoW? I'm not sure what course of action you are recommending. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:49, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- It was more a passing comment than a suggestion to do anything in particular. The original vote should've passed on March 12th -- "Yes" won by a five-vote margin, so I don't think resurrecting it in vote format is particularly meaningful.
- On the actual issue: what I'd like to happen is for the various category-altering proposals to be united into one plan prior to attempting to implement any of them -- I'm perfectly happy with what is actually proposed, but I'd much prefer not to edit the same page multiple times to change categories altered by different proposals. To that end, it's probably best to take the individual proposals to be "yes, we like this change" opinions, unite them all into a single categorization change proposal, which would spell out which categories would continue to exist (and under which names) under the new categorization hierarchy. Have a vote on that proposal to ensure the soundness of the overall plan, and make the relevant changes in a single pass, rather than spread out over a longer period. -- foxlit (talk) 01:16, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think the gem category vote can probably be handled independently of the prefix altering issue, as in most cases, it would be a matter of adding categories, something that would not necessarily be easy to automate. Correcting the categories after the fact, on the other hand, would be easy. Would you agree? Disagree? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 15:25, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Those pages would still end up affecting the same set of pages; I'd prefer a solution where all of them could be applied at the same time. I'm not sure of the complexity of any of those changes -- that'd be much easier to judge if someone were to compile a summary of which categories are getting renamed, which are being added and which are being removed. -- foxlit (talk) 20:23, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- While I've not put together a list of gem category changes yet, I've put up an addendum on the category naming talk page about prefix standardizing. I expect that you would like both, yes? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 22:47, 5 August 2009 (UTC) Edit: Not sure I can get you much more detail without actually writing up a script... Let me know what is needed. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 22:49, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. xD. Amusing to get a welcome message from someone. :).
Not used to it, as well, people usually start emailing me asking questions about wikis. I'm a renowned wiki expert.
Thanks for making me smile! I needed that. ^^
Emblem of Triumph
... but a conflict of interest. I haven't looked to see if they are quality videos or not (and I wouldn't be the one to judge anyway), but videos should be placed on our pages because they are added by users who see them as useful videos, and not by users who see WoWWiki as a place to put their videos. --Sky (t · c · w) 04:54, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
I know this may be too much to ask but i gotta try ... I have tried to export your skin through traditional ways thru wowwiki but to no avail for it to work ... if you can help me in any way would be appreciated ... im running www.aionopedia.info and its public release is due in a few days ... if theres anything you need to help me, please dont hesitate to ask. Skjald
heya, thanks for the welcome post, i know this is totally unrelated but ive been trying to add pages to a wiki that we just made for our guild and when i edit then click submit. it just adds pagename:edit:submit and if i click it again it just adds another :submit to the end, and yet it doesnt actually save the page, was wondering if u knew what the problem could be?
- Sounds like a coding issue. What's the URL? Drazisil (t/c) 02:09, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- (removed link - badboiz) unfort im not a admin or nething so :( (Badboiz (talk) 09:25, May 16, 2010 (UTC))