- Hazzali (trolls' Loa)
- Nalorakk (trolls' Loa)
- Jan'alai (trolls' Loa)
- Akil'zon (trolls' Loa)
Putress: TBC or WotLK
I think Putress is WotLK. Why?
Same reason Blood Elves and High Elves are TBC.
Putress appears in an event of TBC, but he was implemented for WotLK and currently can only be seen at WotLK content.
So I think he should be WotLK.
If you want to put it TBC, then change Varian to vanilla. After all, he was at Alcaz.
- If you're still on the idea of "interacting" then no, Varian remains WotLK, as he gave no "buble speech" and no quest while he was in Alcaz, unlinke Putress.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 08:50, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well yes for that, but not Vanilla has you said first :) He's like putress.
- Or we can put for those characters who made their first appearance in the pre-wotlk event.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 09:31, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- So, why is Varian WotLK when you can interact with him in vanilla? (He's at Stormwind)
- And why is Putress TBC when you need WotLK to interact with him? (He's no longer at Shattrath)
- I would leave they tagged with the expansion when they appeared. 3.0.2 is part of WotLK, as the 3 indicates. It's the most simple and the best option in my opinion. Else, we would have problems with characters like Nazgrel, who was at Grommash Hold and now is at Thrallmar. And same with the blood elves.
- --Lon-ami (talk) 09:40, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- I would have to agree with Lonus-Amicus here. Both Putress and Varian are heavily tied up to the WoTLK expansion, and the only argument for tagging them as BC is that they appeared in the pre-WotLK event, which had all to do with the story WotLK and nothing to do with that of BC. --User:Varghedin/Sig 08:58, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's a frakkin' trap! *shoot himself*
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:21, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Thorim, Hodir, Freya icons
hey think you could make an icon for Thorim, Hodir, Freya since they got unique models in Ulduar and being lore characters.--Maelstrong 18:46, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Patience, patch 3.0 not live yet. Until it doesn't go live, I doubt Varghedin will create them.
- Just wait ;).
- --Lon-ami (talk) 18:57, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Pretty sure he got all of those ready already xD
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:05, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Since their models aren't in the game files yet, I'd be limited to making icons off posted screenshots (I'm not a raider so I won't be taking any myself). What I could do is make preliminary icons and then update them after the patch if needed. --User:Varghedin/Sig 09:40, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Damn nice job man, I love your work. Where did you find an image of Alaglon the Observer? If you dont mind me asking:D--Maelstrong 22:17, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- I basically googled his name. The image is from MMO-Champion. --User:Varghedin/Sig 22:52, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
cool, now i noticed you put him on the Major Characters page. I did some research on this guy so i'm just saying now that yes hes a yellow, but can you please explain how he goes in the category of Vrykul? I mean i'm fine with it being there I just dont understand why you put it there. Like I said, i'm completely fine with it but it would be nice to know.--Maelstrong 01:25, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Honestly, I had no idea where to put him since he's basically a unique model, and I don't know what the game files call it. However, he has the physical body shape of a male vrykul, even though his essence seems to be made of starstuff. So he could be a "Star vrykul" or a "Constellation" or something else. I don't even know if he's classified as humanoid. --User:Varghedin/Sig 06:37, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
think you could make icons for Guldan and Nerzhul? Nerzhul has a unquie model because of the skull on his face and gul'dan has a unquie armor set, including helm. If you could make them that would be awesome, they have Wow images but i assume you already know:D --Maelstrong 00:16, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
also you could put them under BC since they were both in the Black Temple trailer and Gul'dan was ingame as a vision--Maelstrong 00:49, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I made them. The Zer'zhul one looks ok but in the Gul'dan one is kind of hard to tell what's going on. I guess I'll upload them and see how they are received. --User:Varghedin/Sig 14:53, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Update: I changed it to the old Metzen artwork that I colored. The screenshot was really hard to decipher with the hood and the mouthpiece hiding the face. --User:Varghedin/Sig 15:23, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
sweet, can you do one for Grom Hellscream too? And maybe if possible give Thrall a unquie one as well? --Maelstrong 19:28, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
could you possible make a Garrosh Hellscream icon as well. I mean in-game hes face looks the same but his face is completely different in the Ulduar.I hope i'm not being too demanding i just love your work soooo much and its fantastic!--Maelstrong 19:49, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I made Grom, Thrall, Garrosh, Jaina and Rhonin, the four latter ones from the Ulduar trailer caps. --User:Varghedin/Sig 08:13, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
awesome!!, if you dont mind could you make an icon for Tyrande Whisperwind, Uther the Lightbringer,Kargath Bladefist,Vereesa Windrunner, and Arthas Menethil(Death Knight)? I say these guys deserve there own icons. --Maelstrong 12:04, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, they've been added, along with Aegwynn, Broll, Malfurion and Valeera. --User:Varghedin/Sig 14:17, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
oh i almost forgot, could you make a Broxigar icon? if you could then i'm good:D You might as well add the rest of the Son of Lothar, Danath Trollbane, Kurdan Wildhammer. i guess you should add Varok Saurfang and Saurfang the younger as well. I dont know who else would deserve there own unquie icon, Cairne Bloodhoof maybe? --Maelstrong 17:05, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
i'm not sure if you can do Alleria Windrunner but if you can that would be cool.--Maelstrong 23:53, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Danath, Alleria, Turalyon, Kurdran, Saurfang I and II, and Cairne were done. Brox doesn't have any usable art, sorry. --User:Varghedin/Sig 09:01, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
what about the one from the cover of Demon Soul? His head is fully visiable. Also probalby should make a Krasus Icon too, the one from gthe cover of NotD maybe since some hes got some features of High Elf Blood Elf and Human(I dont want to argue about that ok). I'm just making suggestions.
hey A'noob, i know you check this page alot, you got any suggestions for icons?--Maelstrong 14:28, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Are you stalking me ? xD
- How about Broxigar (from WoA), Krasus (from NotD), Maybye Magni, Azshara, maybye a more personal Sargeras and Elune.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 15:05, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
LOL, no, on your user page theres a link to this page lol, so i assume you check this out alot. And to add on we might as well have icons for Muridin and Brann right.--Maelstrong 15:21, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
you could also do a sylvanas icon when shes alive. Maybe a Darion and Tirion icon too.--Maelstrong 17:08, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Is there even a picture (a good picture) of undead Darion?--TheUltimate (talk) 18:06, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
ok never mind about Darion, Rehgar Earthfury instead i guess lol Cant wait to see the new icons:D--Maelstrong 18:10, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
are you currently working on the icons now? the suspense is killing me xD and i think Kilrogg Deadeye deserves his own icon.--Maelstrong 00:10, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
all the suggestions posted are a little hard to read i guess so i'll just list them, the ones that havent been made into icons
- Broxigar (from WoA)
- Krasus (from NotD)
- Brann Bronzebeard
- Muridin Bronzebeard
- Magni Bronzebread
- Sylvanas Windrunner (Alive/High Elf)
- Tirion Fordring
- Darion Mograine
- Rehgar Earthfury
- Kilrogg Deadeye
some new suggestions-
- Llane Wrynn I
If you could get at least a few of these done today that would be awesome, or at least give me i notice that your working on them. Your work on these icons is great and i love seeing new ones. Respond please:D--Maelstrong 21:01, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Relax, Maelstrong... I have a life outside of wowwiki too, no matter if my contribution record says otherwise ;). I did do a bunch of icons this morning and posted them on the project page. The ones that made it on are Sylvanas (high elf), Tirion, Darion, Magni, Brann, Muradin, Cho'gall, Llane, Blackhand, Rehgar and Krasus. The other ones didn't have any art that could be made into icons, either because they're black/white, too heavily shadowed, at weird angles, too detailed, too little detailed, and so on. Believe me, I tried it for all of them but in order to get a nice icon the pic needs to be evenly lit and preferably have a 3-dimensional pixel range, otherwise the icon ends up indecipherable. I'd rather have the characters have a proper (but not unique) race icon than some unique pixel blob that looks like a cross between a shrub and plane crash. --User:Varghedin/Sig 09:29, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
sorry about that, i got a little carried away:) anyways is it cool if i still make suggestions? just make only a few sugeestions each day, and i can make sure first that they have what you described. i dont know when your gonna anwser but just in case i'll make some suggestions now.
- Bolvar Fordragon
- Fandral Staghelm
- Hamuul Runetotem
- Vindicator Maraad
- Zuluhed the Whacked
- Rend Blackhand
that should be good on suggestions for now. Again sorry about me being carried away and impatient--Maelstrong 19:48, 13 May 2009 (UTC)i was gonna suggest Dath'Remar Sunstrider but.... could you use his only image so that way people will stop using both high elf and Highborne icons for him?--Maelstrong 19:58, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
A'noob you got any suggestions for Varghedin?--Maelstrong 20:47, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- For a better reading, just add your suggestions to the new top page list, and we will
strike(or simply remove) them when they're done :)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 09:55, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
good idea:D--Maelstrong 10:07, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hamuul, Iridi, Nobundo, Bolvar, Fandral, Dath'Remar, Rend and Zuluhed were doable. Dentarg didn't work (two heads in one box is hard to pull off), and Vindicator Maraad is just an action figure. Does he really deserve an icon? --User:Varghedin/Sig 17:04, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
i acciently put Maraad in and forgot to remove it when i was removing guys like Rokhan(Troll), and the high priestess of the Aldor. I only suggested him at first because he was gonna be a major character in the #21 comic and he already had a model in Wow. But your right he doesnt deserve his own icon. Dentarg i thought would work since you used the Cho'gall icon from WC2. It looked like it would but oh well, i only suggested him because he seemed like a popular character but since the revolt against making new icons is up i guess a Dentarg icon would be necessary--Maelstrong 19:51, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
umm yea, check the Demon area, please dont move Illidans icon to elves.--Maelstrong 01:30, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Oh, lol. Ya, didn't see him there >_< /facepalm
Well, since I feel like I should actually be contributing something, why not Eitrigg? Big, furry, and insane (Have a conversation with the homocidal furry!) (Come and stalk me! ...No, wait, please don't.) 01:35, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
i just made a King Terenas icon, you wanna add it to the list?--Maelstrong 01:48, 16 May 2009 (UTC) <-------------------------------- Eitrigg right here <----------- not a very good one but its my own custom made one, if you want an icon from Vaghedin your gonna have to wait a bit.--Maelstrong 01:56, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Do we really need this?
Seriously, I think we're having an overdose of icons. it's good to have icons of concrete WoW models, but this is too much. For god's sake.
I'd rather focus on race icons than in character icons but, well, I'm no one to decide.
- I think the same, although all the icons are very cool, there are many characters who didn't really need it. Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 19:09, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I also think we should cool it off. We don't need an icon for every minor character that's featured in a Warcraft story, since they are quite limited in where they can be used in wowwiki. --User:Varghedin/Sig 19:20, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, they're only used at lists of characters, just to depict the race of each one.
- To depict the race, we have the race icons, so no need of more.
- I'd just limit it to WoW custom models, and remove those based on any other type of images.
- After all, we should follow the latest update to the media, and that's WoW.
- --Lon-ami (talk) 19:24, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
thats fine with cooling it off, but i dont think its necessary to remove the icons that Varghedin worked on, plus A'noobs been puting the new icons in like the Books, Manga, Novels Comics, ect. sections . Removing the ones that are based on any other types of images is tottally unnecessary. Whats done is done. Besides, i ran out of suggestions. What we got now is good enough i agree.
Overall very nice job on the icons, and i'll be done with the suggestions, but really Varghedin, you rock. I got a little addicted and you didnt get upset with me when i overdid it. Your Awesome:D--Maelstrong 19:40, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
I almost forgot!, A'noobs awesome for putting the Unique Icons in the right spots: Novels, Books, Comic, Manga, Media, ect. --Maelstrong 20:20, 15 May 2009 (UTC)for a last requested icon could you make a Orgrim icon using this image? I believe Orgrim Doomhammer deserves his own icon. I know you said you couldnt make a Orgrim Doomerhammer icon because there was no using Artwork, but would this work? if you can make it i'm asking this as a final requested icon.--Maelstrong 20:41, 15 May 2009 (UTC) i tryed making my own icon. so i'm guessing you can make it into an icon:D I dont have Photoshop so i could only make it 35x36 to make it.--Maelstrong 21:55, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I made it a 18x18 gif, is it good enough ? (paint powaa!)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 22:10, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- LOL, that should be good, forv now until he can make a better one on photoshop, i was just about to upload a 18x18 xD lol--Maelstrong 22:14, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- we could use this for Azgalor icon, though it needs some editing. with a little work it will become my new icon sig:D--Maelstrong 22:55, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- ta da!--Maelstrong 00:56, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- That Azgalor icon underlines what I said earlier... to me that doesn't look like a pit lord, it looks like someone stepped on a grape. If I squint my eyes and tilt my head and put my nose on the screen, I can kind of see what it is, but only because I tried to make an icon of that pic earlier and it didn't work. --User:Varghedin/Sig 08:07, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ahhhh what's that supposed-azgalor-thing ? ^^ just let Varghedin do what he masters, I think you shoul remain the suggesting boy Mael (no offense xD).
- I am agaisnt the use of wow model onyl for icons :) For example, Terenas is not in game but he as quite an imposing face in the W3 cinematic.
- Keep up the good work Varghedin!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:15, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
thats just gonna be part of my sig:D, i made it myself since my old one was causing problems. I have to admit, my icons suck, i dont even know how to get that blakc background, i'm guessing it has something to do with wowmodelviewer but thats another story. Anyways, since King Ymrion got moved to undead and now the Human/Orc icon balance is lost, so we need one more humanh icon it looks like. Might as well make it Terenas lol.--Maelstrong 11:23, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
What about people who only appeared in WC-WC3? What do we do about them!?
P.S: Most of the characters here who appear in WoW use their WoW models in their icons anyways. Big, furry, and insane (Have a conversation with the homocidal furry!) (Come and stalk me! ...No, wait, please don't.) 14:01, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
I suggest that characters that have a wow Model should always stick to that. IF a character is deemed necessary to have one and doesn't have a WoW model, go with WCIII and then go to artwork.Lego3400 (talk) 23:48, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
ok i know my icon sucks, why not just make a Brutallus icon since he has a Unquie model. This is just a suggestion, Same with th four loas of Zul'Aman,Halazzi,Nalorakk, Jan'alai, Akil'zon those could work as icons. Like I said, suggestions no need to make anymore icons, just do what you think is right Varghedin. Your the man--Maelstrong 00:12, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- I've tried to make some Scarlet Monastery guys, but I can't get a clear image once it's done, MS Paint definitly suxx!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 11:26, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
just use there wow model then:D--Maelstrong 15:35, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- How about a Drek'Thar?
- based on the WoW
- or Warcraft Adventures File:Small Drek'Thar2.gif
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:20, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Warcraft 3 iconsok everytime i see Murdins icon i dont think of murudin, i think of a mountain king. Could it be possible to change the icon so to what he looks like in WoW? same thing with Carine Bloodhoof, hes got a Wow model, lol, why not use that for the icon instead of the Tauren Chieftain icon? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i think this needs to be fixed because i dont think giving a tauren chieftain icon and saying its carnie is unqiue, same as Muradin. Anyone agree?--Maelstrong 16:40, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- In popular culture, Muradin and Cairne are both THE MOUNTAIN KING and THE TAUREN CHIEFTAIN.
- Their icons clearly allow a swift "identification".
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:02, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- When you see the icons of Cairne and Muradin, you don't recognise them? when you see Cairne's icon, you think it's Baine? When you see Muradin's you think its a random moutain king?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:23, 15 June 2009 (UTC)