Template:Tempest Keep Template:Mobbox Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates is a Wrathguard, and the second boss of The Arcatraz in Tempest Keep. Can also be done after Dalliah the Doomsayer which is advisable because if you are very, very unlucky you might get kicked into her.
- Level (Normal): 72 (Elite)
- Level (Heroic): 72 (Elite)
- Hit Points: 170k
- Location: Second or third boss encounter in The Arcatraz
- Type: Demon
- Map Location
Attacks and abilities
- Fel Immolation: Roughly 425 damage per 3 sec. Only affects melee range.
- Charge and Flamewave: Will knock back everyone in melee range, then charges (Charge) a random party member leaving behind a wall of fire (Flamewave) which deals about 2000 dmg a second so move out of it and spread out.
- Felfire Shock: Does a flame shock which does about 2000 damage on hit and ticks afterward for fire damage. Can be cleansed.
- Be sure the room doesn't have any invisible demons left such as succubi (there are usually two) before you pull either Dalliah the Doomsayer or Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates. Warlocks can use Detect Invisibility on party to see these demons, or Mages can cast Invisibility on themselves to pull the demons. A Hunter's Flare will also reveal these units, but is somewhat less useful unless you already know where the Succubi are hiding.
- All attack, cleanse the Flame Shock he randomly puts on a party member, and avoid the fire left from his charge; spread out.
- Use some fire resist gear for the melee characters.
- Shortly before the knockback->charge->flame wave comes he gets a buff labeled Knock Away, it is visible via detect magic but can also be detected with addons like SpellAlert, giving you a slight warning beforehand.
- It is advisable not to stand behind each other but rather next to each other in a kind of half-circle because if you stand in front of somebody and he charges at this somebody you will inevitably stand in his Flame Wake.
- Knockback and charge does not drop aggro generated.
- Soccothrates' Felfire Shock is more powerful now- it does slightly more damage and is not cleansable.
- His Fel Immolation aura deals more damage (approx. 500 per tick)
- Felfire trail from his charge ticks for 2400 more than once per second.
- Prayer of Mending is a highly effective spell for healing melee dps, as it will bounce rapidly due to the aura.
- When he yells "On guard!" or "Defend yourself, for all the good it will do..." the party must stop dps and begin to run around to avoid the imminent charge. The boss will charge to one of the positions where people stood when he yelled, so if everybody is running around no one will be hit by his charge.
- Note: Sometimes he will charge the MT after the knockback. If the MT is still up against the wall when this happens, the MT wil be bathed in the Flamewake, and will die.
- On Aggro: "At last, a target for my frustrations!"
- Preparing to charge: "On guard!" OR "Defend yourself, for all the good it will do..."
- When a player dies: "Yes, that was quite satisfying."
- On Death: "Knew this was... the only way out."
If you attack Dalliah first:
- Upon aggroing Dalliah: "Have you come to kill Dalliah? Can I watch?"
- When Dalliah drops to 25% health: "Facing difficulties, Dalliah? How nice." OR "I suggest a new strategy, you draw the attackers while I gather reinforcements. Hahaha!"
- When Dalliah dies: "Finally! Well done!"
Dalliah and Soccothrates are arguing when the party of players enter the room:
- Soccothrates: "Did you call on me?"
- Dalliah: "Why would I call on you?"
- Soccothrates: "To do your heavy lifting now, I should expect."
- Dalliah: "When I need someone to prance around like an overstuffed peacock, I'll call on you."
- Soccothrates: "Then I commit myself to ignoring you."
- Dalliah: "What do YOU know about commitment, sheet-sah?"
- Soccothrates: "You are the one who should be-- Wait: we have company."